PDA

View Full Version : Attached duplicated in mail folder

MissionMan
4th September 2009, 04:52 PM
Hi Guys

Did a check on my machine for duplicate files and I noticed a strange occurance where Apple Mail has duplicated attachments (sometimes 4 times) in my mail folder (in the library on the file system, not the mail app itself). I've done some searches and I've only found the attachment once in my mail itself so it looks to be a duplicate. if I compare the size of my mobile me account 3GB to my mail folder which is 9GB, there is a substantial difference which makes sense given the file duplication.

Any ideas? Also any ideas how to clean this up?

Regards,

soulman
5th September 2009, 04:12 PM
I don't know if this is the same issue, but when I open docs (mainly Word or Excel) that open "dirty" - i.e. with a dot in the close button in the top let of the window - they immediately create another instance of themselves in the Mail Downloads folder. Same thing happens if you open an attachment from within Mail and make changes to it.

I guess the way to deal with it, if it is the same issue, is to always save attachments to another location and edit them there.

MissionMan
5th September 2009, 06:47 PM
Hmmm...thanks...in my case, the files are exactly the same size so no changes and the files changed include MPG's so I couldn't have edited them from mail if I tried. I guess I'll just have to delete my mail folder every now and then and do a resync with IMAP until its resolved or I find a fix for it.