PDA

View Full Version : Adobe CS4 and SL

incanspyder
4th September 2009, 09:51 AM
Since installing SL, my Adobe CS4 suite keeps popping up a message saying 'Licensing for this product has stopped working' with error code something like 150:30 or so. I've followed Adobe's KB advice and reinstalled the entire suite, but I still get the error. Any thoughts?

Sheldor
4th September 2009, 10:49 AM
sure you just did the update not a clean install right ?

Mine is working fine.

incanspyder
4th September 2009, 10:55 AM
I did a clean install and then used Migration Assistant

Sheldor
4th September 2009, 11:44 AM
well u get your answer : A lot of people are having troubles with them software after using the migration assistant.
you might do a "clean " install instead directly from cs4

Try do fix the permissions , maybe some files are still in the system , this is why i always use cleanApp or other soft to uninstall x)

The_Hawk
4th September 2009, 11:47 AM
I'm still using the un-supported CS2, which after installing rosetta (which it did automatically) seems to work fine (although it now only uses one core rather than two).

I keep thinking of upgrading, but then I CS2 does everything I need...

Mind you there is a few apps that have questionable Snow Leopard support so I might just hold off on those upgrade till things pan out a little further.

u98925
4th September 2009, 11:51 AM
I did the upgrade from 10.5.8 to 10.6 and also have CS4 installed on my Mac Pro.

Everything still works for me, although i did loose the ability to print to PDF via the Adobe printer driver (havnt gotten around to re installing as yet).

multimedia001
29th September 2009, 05:31 PM
Adobe decided to remove the driver all together..see this article on their site: Acrobat 9 "Save As Adobe PDF" Support in Mac OS X Snow Leopard (v10.6). (http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/509/cpsid_50981.html) But is now resting under the "pdf" dialog button when u use the print-menu option in many programs..

Multimedia001

maclab
29th September 2009, 06:08 PM
Since installing SL, my Adobe CS4 suite keeps popping up a message saying 'Licensing for this product has stopped working' with error code something like 150:30 or so. I've followed Adobe's KB advice and reinstalled the entire suite, but I still get the error. Any thoughts?

This is what I did, delete this folder:

/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher

Delete FLEXnet Publisher folder

you may need to re enter your serial numbers. also go to font book in applications and resolve all your duplicate fonts.

dawg78s
4th November 2009, 09:44 AM
This is what I did, delete this folder:

/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher

Delete FLEXnet Publisher folder

you may need to re enter your serial numbers. also go to font book in applications and resolve all your duplicate fonts.
Maclab, thanks for the solution to this annoying problem, it worked for me after many other endeavors...

msoon2k
8th November 2009, 07:32 PM
I'm still on CS3 and it does the job however in SL it's pretty slow for some reason. Gonna consider cs4