PDA

View Full Version : Mail and Exchange?

falimako
3rd September 2009, 03:33 PM
My work uses exchange but I have a macbook pro. I usually just check my email by logging in on firefox, but since I got snow leopard today, I decided to try using mail. I have set up the email account and can send emails through mail, but cannot receive them? Any ideas why? It says there is a network problem, but if that is the case, why can I send emails?

gehenna
3rd September 2009, 03:35 PM
What version of MS Exchange is your company running? Snow Leopard only supports exchange integration with version 2007 and above.

falimako
3rd September 2009, 03:40 PM
We are using 2007.

gehenna
3rd September 2009, 03:43 PM
Hmm, that's me spent then. Without a copy of SL in front of me I wouldn't know where to look (aka hurry up and deliver my disc Apple!)

mechcon
3rd September 2009, 03:43 PM
To be more exact, is it 2007 with Service Pack 1, update rollup 4? The latest one I believe is Rollup 9. I've tested it out here, and no problems!

Granny Smith
3rd September 2009, 05:29 PM
My work uses exchange but I have a macbook pro. I usually just check my email by logging in on firefox, but since I got snow leopard today, I decided to try using mail. I have set up the email account and can send emails through mail, but cannot receive them? Any ideas why? It says there is a network problem, but if that is the case, why can I send emails?

After upgrading to Snow Leopard I, too, wanted to use Mail to talk to our Exchange server, thus getting shot of Entourage FOREVER hahahahaha!
Sorry ... setting up a Mail account using the Exchange 2007 option didn't bring much joy. So the admin configured our Exchange server for IMAP (apparently that's quite straightforward) and I set up an Exchange IMAP account. It's been working faultlessly for days now.
Once you're up and running, you can select "Keep copies of messages and their attachments for offline viewing" --> "All messages and their attachments" under the "Advanced" tab in the Accounts preferences window.
Now, if only I could get iCal to play along ...
GS

falimako
3rd September 2009, 09:23 PM
Thanks, I will ask the IT guy to try that tomorrow.

soulreaver99
4th September 2009, 04:00 AM
When using Entourage and Exchange, it never asks for incoming and outgoing mail server. All I needed was the OWA address. I've tried a whole bunch of combinations and our IT department doesn't support Mac.

I'm still using Exchange and Entourage for now. I really want to get rid of Entourage...

Exocet
4th September 2009, 09:24 AM
When using Entourage and Exchange, it never asks for incoming and outgoing mail server. All I needed was the OWA address. I've tried a whole bunch of combinations and our IT department doesn't support Mac.

I'm still using Exchange and Entourage for now. I really want to get rid of Entourage...
1) Are you running Snow Leopard?
2) Are you selecting "Exchange 2007", not "Exchange IMAP"
3) If you've selected Exchange 2007, you will not need to enter an outgoing mail server - only if you're using Exchange IMAP
4) As mentioned previously in the thread, your company's exchange server must be running Exchange 2007 SP1 with Rollup-4