PDA

View Full Version : Steve Jobs back to parking Benz SL illegally

delux
2nd September 2009, 03:04 PM
Gosh Steve

Steve Jobs Back to Parking Benz SL Illegally - Celebs And Cars (http://www.celebsandcars.com/blog/1034251_steve-jobs-back-to-parking-benz-sl-illegally)

W9cae
2nd September 2009, 03:20 PM
I could sworn I have read very similar article a while back with the same picture. But they have worked in his liver transplant this time around.

jaredtomas
2nd September 2009, 07:42 PM
I don't understand why he does this haha.

Surely he has his own reserved parking bay?

timmytomtam
2nd September 2009, 07:43 PM
Maybe he has a disability parking permit?

hamusta
2nd September 2009, 09:49 PM
If i was Steve Jobs... I would properly be doing the same :)

spargo
2nd September 2009, 09:59 PM
what an arrogant fucker. I love it!!!

Phormic
3rd September 2009, 09:35 AM
He's been parking in handicapped spaces for decades. Didn't Jean-Louis Gassée confront him about it and say something like, "oh I didn't realise the emotionally handicapped could park there as well."

Lutze
3rd September 2009, 09:42 AM
Now that he's had a liver transplant he's entitled to obtain a sticker for his car so that he can park where ever the hell he wants - not that he needs it of course.

Of course there is a simple way to get this sorted out and it makes me laugh that they've not done it. Move the disabled bay one to the left or right and make the current bay CEO parking.

Geoff3DMN
3rd September 2009, 09:49 AM
Any car in a disabled bay without a permit card/sticker should be trashed in the most annoying way possible.

~Coxy
3rd September 2009, 10:32 AM
Any car in a disabled bay without a permit card/sticker should be trashed in the most annoying way possible.

You might be right if they only gave disabled stickers to people that were actually disabled, instead of handing them out to fat people, sad people, and poor people.

drewbles
3rd September 2009, 02:02 PM
Of course there is a simple way to get this sorted out and it makes me laugh that they've not done it. Move the disabled bay one to the left or right and make the current bay CEO parking.

That pic would most likely not be at Apple. It's more likely elsewhere?

kevinnugent
3rd September 2009, 05:45 PM
Personally, I don't think Jobs would be that much of a wanker. He'd have to know people would be snapping away and posting for the world to see.

Jaffa
3rd September 2009, 06:00 PM
Just a question of doubt for discussion: Have we ever had a picture of Steve in or near his car in a disabled spot? How do we know some other person with the same car is not parking there with their plates off, snapping, and leaving?

iCarllovesapple
3rd September 2009, 07:41 PM
Why doesn't he just buy a tin of paint and paint over it with black, then buy white and write "S.Jobs Only. Park here & your car will be destroyed in the worst possible way" lol

ninja
3rd September 2009, 09:55 PM
Gosh Steve

Steve Jobs Back to Parking Benz SL Illegally - Celebs And Cars (http://www.celebsandcars.com/blog/1034251_steve-jobs-back-to-parking-benz-sl-illegally)

That is the best sportscar ever made.. Nice one Steve.. Btw with all the health problems he has had maybe he has a permit

ZacDavies
3rd September 2009, 11:43 PM
I'm more concerned with his belief that he dosen't require a licence plate..

Lutze
4th September 2009, 12:32 AM
I'm more concerned with his belief that he dosen't require a licence plate..

The reasons behind that are to do with his plate getting stolen so often. The are where the plate should be has a barcode instead.

ZacDavies
4th September 2009, 02:00 AM
Did he have a special plate?

ninjamoeba
6th September 2009, 05:31 PM
The reasons behind that are to do with his plate getting stolen so often. The are where the plate should be has a barcode instead.

I wonder what it was 'JOBSRULZ'?

shivstar
6th September 2009, 08:24 PM

Why would they steal his plate? If it was a custom plate then why not just get a standard issue random number one instead!

As far as I remember the barcode is actually nothing to the licensing authority, it is actually a Mercedes sticker, most SL-class and some E-class have them behind the plate.

Lutze
6th September 2009, 09:08 PM
I believe his personal plate is SPJ1 or something similar.

ClockWork
6th September 2009, 09:41 PM
I believe his personal plate is SPJ1 or something similar.

Man... what a wanker... :tongue:
Why not just whack S E X Y 1 on the back.

dche5390
7th September 2009, 10:45 AM
Meh ... where's the Prius?

Lutze
7th September 2009, 12:19 PM
Meh ... where's the Prius?

Those things destroy the world more than a tank. :(

iMic
7th September 2009, 09:47 PM
As far as I remember the barcode is actually nothing to the licensing authority, it is actually a Mercedes sticker, most SL-class and some E-class have them behind the plate.

I read up somewhere, can't remember exactly, but apparently that sticker is the VIN number of the car, so you're correct in saying it has nothing to do with the vehicle licensing. If anything that would have been applied at the factory when the car was made.

David Turnedge
8th September 2009, 05:24 AM
Did anyone think that it's actually his spot and he's had the disabled logo painted on his spot to ensure no one else uses it? It's a private car park, so maybe it's just his quirky (lateral) way of ensuring no one uses his spot?

If I were him I'd be driving a Ferrari, not a fat man wanna be sports tourer like the SL.