PDA

View Full Version : quicksilver not running on snow leopard?

tkilik11
31st August 2009, 12:16 PM
hey guys I just recently upgraded to snow leopard and quicksilver and istat won't work properly. I don't know if it's just me but if there are any fixes please post them.
thanks

yinyang
31st August 2009, 12:29 PM
have you tried the most recent beta version of QS (b56a7)...

Downloads - blacktree-alchemy - Project Hosting on Google Code (http://code.google.com/p/blacktree-alchemy/downloads/list)

i was having problems as well after the initial upgrade to Snowy, but after a few other nagging issues as well, decided to erase and start all over again, and QS now works fine. Less plugins than before, but so far it's working fine.

Dust For Eyes
31st August 2009, 01:50 PM
I had updated Quicksilver before intalling SL and have not had problems.

iguy83
31st August 2009, 06:44 PM
I just did a the SL Upgrade and Quicksilver is working fine. Mind you I dont have many plugins at all.

andytlr
1st September 2009, 02:05 PM
Quicksilver didn't work when I upgraded. I had to do a clean install.

I'm pretty sure I've narrowed it down to the AirPort Module. Because I normally just install all modules and when I was clicking through installing them all on the clean system it crashed and wouldn't open again.

I did a search for quicksilver in finder and deleted anything associated with it and then installed again. Works fine now. I've just avoided installing modules I don't use.

Phunky
1st September 2009, 09:12 PM
QS works but the preference panel doesnt show up so you cant change any options

Soragon
3rd September 2009, 11:51 AM
I had a similar problem at first. Then I tried the Google Quick Search box, but disliked it, so I went back to QS. Apparently, reinstalling did the trick.

andytlr
3rd September 2009, 12:01 PM
I tried the Google Quick Search box, but disliked it

Yeah QSB isn't there yet. All it can do it launch things and search google.