PDA

View Full Version : Change 'main/identity details' which were created upon installing Office 2008?

dotty
31st August 2009, 11:56 AM
(just letting you all know that this has nothing to do with entourage for mac)

Hey guys,

When i installed Office 2008 on my Mac, there was a prompt to input some personal details to create a Office 2008 main identity (i say main as i don't want to get it confused with the entourage identity). I was wondering, if it was possible, how i could have these details changed on my machine.

P.S. I also noted that there was an option to install "automater actions" as well and i did install them having thought i would need them. However, do i really? Do they have anything to do with those word / macro viruses everyone is talking about?

Thanks guys

avolve
31st August 2009, 12:59 PM
In Word > Preferences > user information

This will change the author information not sure if this is what you are after?

dotty
31st August 2009, 04:33 PM
I did this as well. But what i meant was when i was installing ALL the office applications (word, excel, powerpoint) it asked me to put an office identity and i want to have that changed.

kaisersozay
31st August 2009, 04:55 PM
(just letting you all know that this has nothing to do with entourage for mac)

Hey guys,

When i installed Office 2008 on my Mac, there was a prompt to input some personal details to create a Office 2008 main identity (i say main as i don't want to get it confused with the entourage identity). I was wondering, if it was possible, how i could have these details changed on my machine.

P.S. I also noted that there was an option to install "automater actions" as well and i did install them having thought i would need them. However, do i really? Do they have anything to do with those word / macro viruses everyone is talking about?

Thanks guys

I am puzzled, dotty. I am under the impression that Entourage is a component of Office 2008 and is driven by Microsoft User Data -> Office 2008 Identities ->Main Identity-> Database.
Consequently, how can it have nothing to do with the above quote?
I doubt anyone has been able to get into Database and dissect stuff.
Is it possible to now buy Entourage as a stand alone application/mail client?

I am sadly still running Office 2004 and all the usual apps are interconnected. It ain't broke, so I won't fix it, but am curious as to your need to have different Main Identities.
Sorry I cannot be of help and I will follow the thread with interest.

dotty
31st August 2009, 07:08 PM
I say it has nothing to do with the Entourage identity because i assume that the Entourage identity is used to connect to your email account.

I'm speaking about the identity you create when you are installing Office.
Please follow the link to this PDF to explain what i mean,

http://it.cc.stonybrook.edu/site_documents/software/office_2008_mac_install.pdf

(refer to end of page 9 and beginning of page 10- i am under the impression that this office identity is used to register your copy of Office so that people who use your machine and open Office can see that?)

gehenna
31st August 2009, 07:14 PM
delete from home - Library:Preferences:Microsoft:Office 2008:Microsoft Office 2008
Settings.plist
delete Applications:Microsoft Office 2008:Office:OfficePID.plist

You will need to reenter your product key and identity details when you start up again

dotty
1st September 2009, 06:41 PM
No idea where to find that directory/file :(