PDA

View Full Version : Ration problem

Raffe
30th August 2009, 07:43 PM
About 15 days ago my Ration just stopped working. When I logged on I was greeted with this message:

Ration could not log in to retrieve data because your username or password is incorrect. Please check these, and try again.

My password or ISP has not changed. I can log onto my ISP account through its website (username and password stay the same).

Help MacTalk community...you're my only hope!

Huy
30th August 2009, 07:45 PM
Is there an update for Ration/latest version, etc? I'm running 1.0b7 (iiNet, Snow Leopard) and it is ok on my end.

Which ISP?

Contact the developer Jedda (http://forums.mactalk.com.au/members/jedda.html) or his website: Blargsoft > Ration > Public Beta > Support (http://www.blargsoft.com/ration/beta/support.php)

mini_Matt
30th August 2009, 07:48 PM
I could assume you're with TPG since I have the same problem. It has something to do with TPG as they've changed their accounts section where Ration pulls the data.

I haven't heard anything on when this might be fixed, I've submitted feedback through Ration, I suggest you do the same

TJA77
30th August 2009, 10:18 PM
I occasionally get that type of error with mine also. Im with iinet

Raffe
31st August 2009, 08:36 AM
I could assume you're with TPG since I have the same problem. It has something to do with TPG as they've changed their accounts section where Ration pulls the data.

I haven't heard anything on when this might be fixed, I've submitted feedback through Ration, I suggest you do the same

Yes i'm also with TPG. Thanks for the info. Have submitted a feedback report. Hopefully they'll issue an update ASAP. I've gotten so used to looking at my percentage :P

ppops
31st August 2009, 09:39 AM
Yeah I was soo used to having it there. I'm lost without it.

I hope it gets fixed soon!

bubble
1st September 2009, 07:23 PM
Ration doesn't work for me at all in 10.6, let alone the issues with TPG. I gues development is dead on this one. Pity, nice icon...

erahi
1st September 2009, 10:27 PM
Ive been getting the same error msg for about 4 months now and im with optus. Was hoping that it would work in snow leopard, but unfortunately it didnt. Shame though, it's such a useful app.

bubble
2nd September 2009, 10:28 PM
Well, the idea of the app is useful, yes. The app itself? Not so much. I don't think it ever actually calculated usage correctly (always an extra day in the month for me) and it never changed the usage displayed from on-peak to off-peak.
You get what you pay for ;)

bondi37
3rd September 2009, 11:49 AM
Ration, I really like it & obviously many others do as well as is shown by the amount of posts. I made a donation but don't expect a thanks. What would be great would be if the developer could make 1 post either saying be patient something is coming or saying that it is all over. This wod take no time and would be the decent thing to do.

MrJesseRoss
3rd September 2009, 12:12 PM
Jedda hasn't been seen on the forum since July, and hasn't been regularly active since February. If he's not around to see anything, he's unlikely to respond.

bondi37
12th September 2009, 09:57 PM
Are you his spokes person or his apologist? If neither I donít understand the sanctimoniousness.

MrJesseRoss
12th September 2009, 11:11 PM
Sanctimonious? Really?

How do you expect someone to respond to you if they're not here to see what you've written? Dude's not telepathic.

bondi37
14th September 2009, 09:15 PM
the bummer is Ö neither am I

- - e r i k - -
30th September 2009, 10:20 AM
So no updates then? I love Ration too, but why isn't it updated anymore?

Jedda
11th October 2009, 10:52 AM
If all you guys need is a message to let you know what is going on, here it is:

Ration is still under active development.

I bought a house 2 months ago, and have been busy installing a new kitchen, and renovating.

I am sitting here right now, compiling new plugins that adhere to the API and developers kit that I plan to release with the next new build.

Lutze
11th October 2009, 10:54 AM
If there was a way to nominate a post for being the best news of the day then that one from Jedda is it.

Nice one!! :)

Congrats on the new house!

Huy
11th October 2009, 11:22 AM
I don't think it ever actually calculated usage correctly (always an extra day in the month for me)

Happens to me as well.

I went to iiUsage and it is accurate with this "extra day" problem.

conufsed
11th October 2009, 11:28 AM
Thread of the week: Jedda speaks!

bondi37
13th October 2009, 09:10 PM
Thanks Jedda, really appreciate the post and the future update!

ausdan
19th October 2009, 08:01 PM
Any chance of the next version supporting Bigpond?