PDA

View Full Version : Quicktime X question...

LevMac
30th August 2009, 06:19 PM
Hey guys, with the new Quicktime in Snow Leopard, ive noticed you can now Save As and stuff, so the question is, there is no such thing as Quicktime Pro now ?

Before hand with the older Quicktime, you had to purchase Quicktime Pro in order to save files ?

iFanboy
30th August 2009, 06:35 PM
Quicktime Pro is still available as it has a few things that X doesn't have like the ability to chop up video (not just trim) or the ability to export as AVI or whatever. Also as X is not available on Windows

dickg
30th August 2009, 06:49 PM
As a trainer, I love the screen recording bit under file. Sure beats explaining something over the phone.

Winman
31st August 2009, 02:24 PM
Where are the *%$^&$ preferences? How do you make it autoplay? I hate waiting an extra second or two for my advanced adult education films to begin.

BTW QT7 and Pro still exist. Like Imovie when they carked it up.

mechcon
31st August 2009, 02:28 PM
Where are the *%$^&$ preferences? How do you make it autoplay? I hate waiting an extra second or two for my advanced adult education films to begin.

BTW QT7 and Pro still exist. Like Imovie when they carked it up.

hahahahah Yeah I agree! Where are the preferences? I even tried to add the line from the qt7 plist to autoplay movies, but that didn't work sadly..

cal81985
7th September 2009, 07:11 AM
I created a GUI to go along with all the terminal commands to change Quicktime X's preferences. You can download it from Version Tracker (http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/10967183) if you'd like.

mechcon
7th September 2009, 07:52 AM
Nice one, THANKS! :D

Japester
7th September 2009, 08:35 AM
If you had QuickTime Pro prior to installation, QuickTime Player 7 was moved to the Utilities folder. It has all the functionality it ever had.