PDA

View Full Version : Snow Leopard vs Teh Internet Memes!!!

mjankor
29th August 2009, 06:55 PM
New Feature
Apple - Mac OS X Snow Leopard - Enhancements and Refinements (http://www.apple.com/macosx/refinements/enhancements-refinements.html)

Text substitution.

Text substitution lets you create shortcuts for phrases you use frequently that will expand automatically as you type. Common substitutions are built in — for example, changing (c) to a copyright symbol (©) and fractions from 1/2 to ˝. You can also add your own substitutions; for example, “pnc” can expand to “privileged and confidential,” and your initials can expand to your full name.

'Teh' automatically substitutes to 'the'.

Soon teh internetz will no longer exist!!!

MrJesseRoss
29th August 2009, 07:05 PM
I'd rather there was a way for SL/Safari 4 to filter other peoples' spelling so we didn't have to read their garbled rubbish. That would be one killer feature.

KlaasVisser
29th August 2009, 07:54 PM
I'd rather there was a way for SL/Safari 4 to filter other peoples' spelling so we didn't have to read their garbled rubbish. That would be one killer feature.

Would need to have some grammar correction ability as well :) some posts that I come across in various fora look like a single block of lowercase text, and I usually give up trying to interpret it after the first couple of lines.