PDA

View Full Version : Snow Leopard in Canberra

DJY
29th August 2009, 03:19 PM
Well I had a messy full on day at work yesterday - so couldn't get to a Mac reseller first up...
rang around yesterday afternoon (28th Aug 09) and couldn't find any copies left in town.

Did the ring around again this morning to everyone I knew that sold Apple...
again to no avail.
Thought I scored one - but when I arrived it was a Box Set, not a Family Edition of Snow Leopard.

MAC1 shops all had some and all sold out...
had conflicting info - if I order via them - I will still qualify for their cheap MobileMe as well.
City and Fyshwick MAC1 didn't know when new stocks would arrive...
ANU allegedly sold 130 on Friday and are hoping for more Monday.

DJ's - only had 18 - all gone
DSE - both Powerhouse Woden and City - haven't received any yet
Domayne - same - none received
Myer - haven't received any yet
JB HIFI - allegedly don't have any and their computer says they are getting them on 14/09/09?!?!?!!

Rang in to a few people this morning around town trying to source a copy...

Anyone know where any are in Canberra - or have better intel as to when new stocks will be arriving?

I'm keen for a Family edition - Snow Leopard.

markh
29th August 2009, 04:30 PM
Just order it online from Apple..... saves the hassles of running around here in Canberra for it. Mine shipped yesterday, but not in a rush as already have the retail build installed for some weeks now.

DJY
29th August 2009, 10:00 PM
Is a pain though - if they DON'T leave it on your door step!
Then you have to either go to the post office, or get to the couriers office.

And now with some of the projected shipping dates out to 7 Sept 09 - still prefer to get one locally.

kiwijohn
29th August 2009, 10:17 PM
I had more luck in little old Hobart.

olfella
29th August 2009, 10:37 PM
Is a pain though - if they DON'T leave it on your door step!
Then you have to either go to the post office, or get to the couriers office.

And now with some of the projected shipping dates out to 7 Sept 09 - still prefer to get one locally.
You will be pleased to know that this time Apple told TNT they could leave the package in the mail box if no-one was able to sign.... Because here I was waiting waiting and it was in the bloody mailbox all the time with these instructions attached.

nibbles
30th August 2009, 09:32 AM
Just Letting Everyone know none of the Dick Smith Retail stores across the country have it

bartron
30th August 2009, 09:41 AM
well I'm still waiting for my pre-order to come in.....not that I'm in a rush for it but I find that Mac1 doesn't tend to have huge stocks of software (or anything for that matter...in the canberra centre store at least)

DJY
30th August 2009, 09:42 AM
You will be pleased to know that this time Apple told TNT they could leave the package in the mail box if no-one was able to sign.... Because here I was waiting waiting and it was in the bloody mailbox all the time with these instructions attached.

Doubt it would fit in the narrow slot of my letterbox though!
Aust Post and one of the courier companies are getting good though - they drive up my driveway and leave things on my front door step which is (generally) appreciated.