PDA

View Full Version : Snow Leopard in Sydney

Remy
28th August 2009, 06:19 PM
Just purchased my copy at the Apple Store, Chatswood Chase (http://www.apple.com/au/retail/chatswoodchase). Status: Plenty of stock, for single and family pack copies. No queues.

Apple Store, Sydney (http://www.apple.com/au/retail/sydney) status: Plenty of stock, relatively short queue times.

Post away with your own Sydney Snow Leopard purchasing experience!

Rjat
28th August 2009, 06:27 PM
Yes, I got mine there this afternoon (and a 13" MacBook Pro). The rep said they had sold about 3000 copies of SL today. More were due in around 4pm.

Joey1983
28th August 2009, 06:30 PM
Got mine at the Sydney store today at around 12pm.
Lined up for a whole 2 mins!!!

u98925
28th August 2009, 06:34 PM
Mine was delivered to the front door some time between 11:30am and 3:30pm in St Marys.

All installed now, can see a speed bump on the Mac Pro....

dolbinau
28th August 2009, 06:38 PM
God, Apple must think they are doing something right if they expect lines+out of stock for an OS.

Devil rolla
28th August 2009, 07:22 PM
got a single and family license pack from mac1 @ burwood ( i work in parra ) no lines, easy enough, sept the rep was pushing the 39 buck mobile me, and i just had no interest hey. Had a 60 day trial and it wasnt for me.

dshan
28th August 2009, 07:37 PM
My family pack was delivered before noon today. Installed it on both Macs (a late '06 MBP and an early '08 iMac) with no issues (aside from some minor app incompatibilities that are easily worked around), backed 'em both up and I'm ready to roll!

whyaretheycalledgenius
28th August 2009, 07:38 PM
Ended up getting my copy from NextByte in Glebe/Broadway. That is after I went to Mac Academy in Bondi Junction this morning and was told they weren't allowed to sell it until 6pm tonight.... wonder how many they ended up selling???? They are f&*king useless in that store.

But now have it on two white MacBooks. No hassles

The_Hawk
28th August 2009, 07:39 PM
I walked in the Apple Store at 8:10am this morning and it looked no busier than normal, walked straight up to the counter, got my copy and left.

Very happy with it so far, even my Time Machine backup that was playing up before has picked up and continued working after the upgrade. (looks like TM has been updated a little too)

pixelicious
28th August 2009, 08:14 PM
none of the shops in Miranda have stock. I went into Sydney to pick up a copy. Much easier, except for the hour train trip ;)

DJY
29th August 2009, 03:23 PM
Maybe I should have done a day trip to Sydney and the flagship store today!