PDA

View Full Version : iSync not iSyncing...

Febs
30th June 2004, 12:04 AM
Hi guys.

I've been syncing my calendars using iSync with my T610 (over Bluetooth) for close to a year and it's been fantastic - no issues whatsoever. However, the same can't be said for contacts. :(

It's never bothered me, but now that I'm going to get my T610 firmware updated (before the warranty runs out ;)), I need to backup all my contacts.

I've made a new group in address book called "T610 Sync", and tried syncing just that group with my phone (via iSync) - but no luck. After syncing, the "T610 Sync" group in Address Book remains empty.

Any ideas? I really can't find any other options in iSync to allow me to do what I want.

Cheers,
- Febs.

Febs
30th June 2004, 10:45 PM
Fantastic. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

1) I quit Address Book
2) I removed the "Address Book" folder from ~//Library/Application Support/
3) Then I opened it (giving me a fresh, empty Address Book), and tried to Sync again.

First time - it worked. It copied all contacts from my phone to Address Book....until I restarted Address Book and found it had somehow found all my old contacts (that I didn't want) as well, and put them back in there. Yay.

So I did steps 1, 2 and 3 again. Only this time, it decided to stick some old contacts on my phone, and DELETE EVERY OTHER CONTACT ON MY PHONE!!! (Yes, without copying them to Address Book).

Brilliant "syncing".... :rolleyes:

Arrghh. Anyway, I did copy all contacts as a "Whole Phonebook.vcf" file beforehand, and while Address Book doesn't want to import it, I've got a feeling I can bluetooth it to my phone. We'll see...Edit: OK, that did the trick (though of course I lost my voice tags and phonebook pics, which is no biggy). Phew!

- Febs.

PS: Moral of the story - Never let iSync touch your contacts! I'm going to stick with iSyncing my calendars only...at least that works.