PDA

View Full Version : Snow Leopard iPhone not recognised

incanspyder
26th August 2009, 01:17 PM
This problem is giving me the shits. Ever since installed OSX 10.6, my itunes can't see my iPhone! This is in addition to the plethora of problems and kernel panics 10.6 10a432 has triggered, which are detailed in the SL threads.

The iPhone is ONLY RECOGNISED the FIRST TIME I open a freshly re-installed iTunes (8.2, iOS 3.0.1). I've restored the iphone, reinstalled itunes, restarted my computer, done everything under the sun but reformat. My Mac recognises the iPhone (comes up under USB High Speed Bus in System Profiler) but iTunes cannot see it! Please help!!! This is so annoying.

Back2Bedlam
26th August 2009, 01:18 PM
This problem is giving me the shits. Ever since installed OSX 10.6, my itunes can't see my iPhone! This is in addition to the plethora of problems and kernel panics 10.6 10a432 has triggered, which are detailed in the SL threads.

The iPhone is ONLY RECOGNISED the FIRST TIME I open a freshly re-installed iTunes (8.2, iOS 3.0.1). I've restored the iphone, reinstalled itunes, restarted my computer, done everything under the sun but reformat. My Mac recognises the iPhone (comes up under USB High Speed Bus in System Profiler) but iTunes cannot see it! Please help!!! This is so annoying.

Hard to help you with an OS that most of us don't have! Sounds like build 432 isn't the GM.

Lutze
26th August 2009, 01:26 PM
Hard to help you with an OS that most of us don't have! Sounds like build 432 isn't the GM.

Actually sounds like there is other software on the system that he is installing it on that is causing the problem.

Have you tried a clean install? I've not experienced ANY of the issues you've said you are having.

I hope that you are a "real" developer and you've submitted the bugs that you've found to Apple.

I installed 432 in a clean install on an external hard drive and have had no problem. I've used migration assistant to bring it up to date and still no problems.

If there is a possibility that your download of the release has been corrupted somehow perhaps try downloading it.

Japester
26th August 2009, 01:27 PM
Sounds like you're jumping the gun. Why can't you wait until Friday?

incanspyder
26th August 2009, 01:30 PM
I've had it installed for a few weeks now, and updated from 10.5.8. I'm trying to avoid a reformat (I presume that using MA to transfer account details will transfer the problem across). The iPhone problem has happened ever since I first installed it a few weeks back, but I just kept reinstalling itunes to figure out the issue. I realised I couldn't so now I'm turning here for assistance in the matter

mechcon
26th August 2009, 01:41 PM
Just do a time machine backup of the entire disk and then format. like it never happened ;)

FoxxMulder
28th August 2009, 07:42 PM
Hi guys.

I have the same problem. I install today a new copy of Snow Leopard, after i restoring with time machine, and iPhone not recognised in iTunes.

Help please.

pakastin
28th August 2009, 08:53 PM
I had the same issue, but it worked when I removed
the Last.fm scrobbler from Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins/

Actually I updated the (older 32-bit version of iTunes (http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/)) first, but I don't think that's necessary.

Hope it helps! ;)

FoxxMulder
29th August 2009, 12:41 AM
I had the same issue, but it worked when I removed
the Last.fm scrobbler from Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins/

Actually I updated the (older 32-bit version of iTunes (http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/)) first, but I don't think that's necessary.

Hope it helps! ;)

I don't have the last.fm plug-in. Then the solution didn't work for me.

Thank you.

pakastin
29th August 2009, 01:14 AM
Did you tried the 32-bit version (http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/) of iTunes?

Jaffa
29th August 2009, 01:19 AM
There is a way to fix this, and that is to re-install the latest iTunes from Apple - iTunes - Download iTunes (http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/)

I have had a whole bunch of people with this problem and so far it has solved every single case.

Tom125
29th August 2009, 01:24 AM
Did you tried the 32-bit version (http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/) of iTunes?

There isn't a 64 bit version of iTunes. iTunes is the same in Snow Leopard as in Leopard.

My iPhone refused to be recognised by iTunes under Snow Leopard. It was visible in the System Profiler in the USB section, and iPhoto could see it and successfully imported photos, but nothing in iTunes.

Following the advice above I reinstalled iTunes and it did recognise the iPhone. However it lost it again when I shut down and restarted.

There is a way to fix this, and that is to re-install the latest iTunes from Apple - iTunes - Download iTunes (http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/)

I have had a whole bunch of people with this problem and so far it has solved every single case.

Did it work when they shut down and restarted? Mine didn't.
Not happy. Gone back to 10.5.8. Someone else can be Apple's guinea pig on this one.

FoxxMulder
29th August 2009, 04:51 AM
Did it work when they shut down and restarted? Mine didn't.
Not happy. Gone back to 10.5.8. Someone else can be Apple's guinea pig on this one.

I reinstall iTunes 8.2.1 work fine, but when i restart the problem back again... :(

I hope the new iTunes 9 (9 September) fix the bug...

KlaasVisser
29th August 2009, 06:32 AM
I did a clean install of SL, and then copied all the iTunes files from my old Music folder (copied entire Home directory to an external drive, so I could cherry pick which files I "restored") into the new Music folder, and iTunes worked with out missing a beat, everything, including iPhone sync, worked a charm.

cheers
Klaas

andytlr
29th August 2009, 12:13 PM
I've had this same issue. I copied the whole music folder from my backup but it hasn't brought along my iphone apps. It also wouldn't reckognise my phone. But, I downloaded iTunes and it's found it now.

Currently doing a backup. Hopefully it'll be able to transfer all the apps off the phone to the computer. And contacts which I forgot to backup.

dshan
29th August 2009, 01:13 PM
For those who's iTunes fails to recognise their iPhone/iPod touch under Snow Leopard - check Software Update and install the brand new "iPhone SDK Compatibility Update", it fixes this problem.

That was fast, and thank God, I was starting to panic as nothing would make iTunes see my iPod touch since I installed SL.

incanspyder
29th August 2009, 03:52 PM
I don't see any updates. In any case, a clean installed fixed the issue.

Tom125
29th August 2009, 08:00 PM
For those who's iTunes fails to recognise their iPhone/iPod touch under Snow Leopard - check Software Update and install the brand new "iPhone SDK Compatibility Update", it fixes this problem.

That was fast, and thank God, I was starting to panic as nothing would make iTunes see my iPod touch since I installed SL.

Ah, I forgot I had the SDK... downloaded one rainy Sunday afternoon and not looked at again (the world is a better place without another fart app).

Installing SL again it found the update from Software Update and my phone syncs as normal.

FoxxMulder
30th August 2009, 06:19 AM
With the update, that work again.

THANK YOU.

gumby08
30th August 2009, 11:13 AM
Since installing Snow Leopard, iTunes crashes every time I connect my iPhone. On reopening iTunes, the following error message appears:

http://idisk.me.com/alisongreen/Public/Pictures/Skitch/Screen_shot_2009-08-30_at_9.45.43_AM-20090830-111018.jpg

I've deleted and reinstalled iTunes, but the problem persists. Has anyone else had this issue?

moggawawa
31st August 2009, 02:15 AM
i have the same issue
i did a fresh install with no recovery of Leopard then I installed Snow Leopard. iTunes found my iPhone only once then no more

anymore tricks?

gumby08
31st August 2009, 07:49 AM
i have the same issue
i did a fresh install with no recovery of Leopard then I installed Snow Leopard. iTunes found my iPhone only once then no more

anymore tricks?

Try reinstalling iTunes, then reboot your computer. Mine is working now :)

proshot
11th September 2009, 02:36 PM

Thanks for the help. I had the same problem and installed Itunes 9. It corrected the issue.

Currawong
11th September 2009, 03:02 PM
It was an issue with the USBMux driver that recognises the iPhone. The recent updates should have fixed it. You can see the errors in the Console(.app).