PDA

View Full Version : The Mythical Snow Leopard (in Perth)

Lutze
25th August 2009, 04:04 PM
I've called Myer and David Jones - Myer thought that they'd have it on Monday, David Jones almost made me laugh with "They won't give it to us until late next month to maximise their own sales."

I'm stuck in work until 6pm on Friday so need somewhere in Perth on Friday to buy it. Does anyone know anywhere??

I'd buy from the online store, but I won't be in when they deliver and it will end up being late next week before I could pick it up.

Suggestions anyone?

Thanks!

~Coxy
25th August 2009, 04:09 PM
JB HiFi? Apart from that, if none of those three will have it then I don't think there's anyone else who will late night on a Friday.

icant
send it to your workplace?

Back2Bedlam
I've called Myer and David Jones - Myer thought that they'd have it on Monday, David Jones almost made me laugh with "They won't give it to us until late next month to maximise their own sales."

I'm stuck in work until 6pm on Friday so need somewhere in Perth on Friday to buy it. Does anyone know anywhere??

I'd buy from the online store, but I won't be in when they deliver and it will end up being late next week before I could pick it up.

Suggestions anyone?

Thanks!

Spoken with Next Byte, they say they'll have it on Friday!

dekco
25th August 2009, 04:10 PM
any of the specific resellers who may be able to get them in early?

OziMac
25th August 2009, 04:15 PM
As mentioned in the other thread, I believe Leopard didn't actually go one sale until 6pm on the Friday it was launched, so for all we know it might be perfect timing for you to get off work and pick it up somewhere - they allow late night trading on Friday nights in Perth still, right? :)

dekco
25th August 2009, 04:19 PM
only in the city.

Lutze
25th August 2009, 04:55 PM
send it to your workplace?

Just spoke to someone on 133 Mac and was told they will ship ON the 28th.

Balls to that. Grumpy!! I really wanted to avoid NextByte - and they don't have anywhere open after 6 on Friday do they?

jeremy_warnock
25th August 2009, 06:33 PM
Just spoke to someone on 133 Mac and was told they will ship ON the 28th.

Balls to that. Grumpy!! I really wanted to avoid NextByte - and they don't have anywhere open after 6 on Friday do they?

for the 10.5 launch nextbyte was open till 9pm with sausages in buns!!

but I dont think they will be doing it for 10.6 and its really just err windows 7 for os x

Lutze
25th August 2009, 06:39 PM
with sausages in buns!!

Surely that should be "Meat sausages-inna-bun" with an option of "named meat sausages-inna-bun"?

<frown> My cube came with Panther, when Tiger came out I drove nearly 350k's to get to an Apple store to buy it on day of release. When Leopard came out I drove 100k's to get it on day of release.

I can't believe that I'm not going to be able to purchase Snow Leopard on day of release and physically hold it in my sweaty paw. :(

LCGuy
25th August 2009, 06:47 PM
I wonder how long it'll take for either Electronic Dick or JB HiFi here in Rocky to get stock....

Lutze
26th August 2009, 11:18 AM
A quiet bump to see if anyone knows who will be open late on Friday that will have stock... I know we've got a few folks here who work for resellers in Perth.

PCKid
26th August 2009, 11:23 AM
Gonna ring Macworx in Joondalup near my work to see if they will have it on Friday. Pretty helpful crowd in there.

Back2Bedlam
26th August 2009, 11:35 AM
None of them will now, until there stock arrives, if they'll have it.

If they get stock, then those who have pre-ordered, should feel aggrieved if they don't get there's on Friday.
I imagine, the Apple Distribution Centre, that will receive the product, will ship it out sometime today (at the latest) to ensure that it's there on launch day. If that's the case, then that means the ADC will have stock, so should fulfil orders on the Thursday for Friday Delivery, after all, they don't need to send stock to Resellers, that should have been done the day before.

woody993
26th August 2009, 12:49 PM
I ordered it to my school's address but does that mean I'm not going to get it until after the weekend?

Lutze
26th August 2009, 01:27 PM
I ordered it to my school's address but does that mean I'm not going to get it until after the weekend?

When I spoke to 133 Mac yesterday they advised that they will be shipping ON the 28th.

dekco
26th August 2009, 01:31 PM
no news from my boss. (work at a reseller)

jeremy_warnock
26th August 2009, 02:03 PM
hay Lutze not quite perth but close - just got this email from Maxstyle in south perth

Dear valued customer, Apple have announced that their new operating system upgrade Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard will go on sale this Friday the 28th of August ! Stock will be arriving at MAXstyle this Friday morning (via couriers). As soon as it arrives we will circulate another email to let you know that it is now available from our South Perth store.

Copies will be sold on a first in, first serve basis as initial quantities will be limited. Prices as follows: Apple Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard - Single User - $39.00 Apple Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard - Family Pack - $69.00 Apple Mac OS X Server 10.6 Snow Leopard - Unlimited Client - $699.00 Also available is the new upgraded Mac Box Set including Snow Leopard, iWork '09 and iLife '09: Apple Mac Box Set - Single User - $229.00 Apple Mac Box Set - Family Pack - $299.00 To help further celebrate Apple's launch of Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, MAXstyle have decided for Friday only to discount their entire range of Apple laptop and desktop computers by 5%. These will be sold on a first in, first serve basis but if we run out you will still be able to purchase with the discount on Friday and pickup when more stock arrives.
Snow Leopard builds on a decade of OS X innovation and success with hundreds of refinements, new core technologies and out of the box support for Microsoft Exchange. Apple engineers have refined 90 percent of the more than 1,000 projects that make up Mac OS X. Users will notice refinements including a more responsive Finder; Mail that loads messages up to twice as fast; Time Machine with an up to 80 percent faster initial backup; a Dock with Exposť integration; QuickTime X with a redesigned player that allows users to easily view, record, trim and share video; and a 64-bit version of Safari 4 that is up to 50 percent faster and resistant to crashes caused by plug-ins. Snow Leopard is half the size of the previous version and frees up to 7GB of drive space once installed. Snow Leopard requires a minimum of 1GB of RAM and is designed to run on any Mac computer with an Intel processor. Full system requirements can be found at Apple - Mac OS X Snow Leopard - Technical specifications (http://www.apple.com.au/macosx/specs.html)
Hope to see you Friday !

Regards

--
MAXstyle Pty Ltd
ABN 35 110 713 061

P 08 9367 4691
F 08 9367 4692
E mail@maxstyle.com.au
I MAXstyle: Currently Offline (http://www.maxstyle.com.au)

Shop 19
South Shore Piazza
85 The Esplanade
South Perth WA 6151

Lutze
26th August 2009, 02:13 PM
Looks like I need to give them a call... I want that email. Only problem will be getting from High Wycombe to South Perth and back in an hour!

jeremy_warnock
26th August 2009, 02:23 PM
Looks like I need to give them a call... I want that email. Only problem will be getting from High Wycombe to South Perth and back in an hour!

dude its just the wrong weekend - im travelling to albany friday morning otherwise Id happily collect it for you and you could grab it from me later that day/night/weekend. I beleive Im only about 15 minutes from your place

sorry

Lutze
26th August 2009, 02:28 PM
dude its just the wrong weekend - im travelling to albany friday morning otherwise Id happily collect it for you and you could grab it from me later that day/night/weekend. I beleive Im only about 15 minutes from your place

sorry

(This is why I like being a Mac user - and one of the many reasons I love it here in Australia!)

It's not a big deal... honest :)

I might strike a deal with my boss to work from our West Perth office on Friday... he's got me working late without any choice from me so maybe I can swing a move to the other office.

jeremy_warnock
26th August 2009, 06:49 PM
Or just a long lunch

BrownApple
26th August 2009, 07:00 PM
(This is why I like being a Mac user - and one of the many reasons I love it here in Australia!)

It's not a big deal... honest :)

I might strike a deal with my boss to work from our West Perth office on Friday... he's got me working late without any choice from me so maybe I can swing a move to the other office.

How about DigiLife in the Carillion? They're open late on Fridays.

BrownApple
26th August 2009, 07:06 PM

Whoops - apparently they've shut down. I had no idea!

I'm getting Winthrop Tech at UWA to put a copy aside from me - maybe the Curtin Uni computer shop could hold one for you? Probably not open late tho.

dekco
26th August 2009, 10:48 PM
they have gone belly up

Deviance
27th August 2009, 09:38 PM
Anyone have and idea about the Digilife in ozzy park? I'll prob stop by on my way home around lunch tomorrow and check it out.

Back2Bedlam
27th August 2009, 11:18 PM
Anyone have and idea about the Digilife in ozzy park? I'll prob stop by on my way home around lunch tomorrow and check it out.

As above. Digilife has gone!

Aco
27th August 2009, 11:59 PM
Myer/JB in the city should have it?

dekco
28th August 2009, 09:56 AM
was told by myer staff that it will arrive on Mon. Not sure about JB

3dward_Shaddow
28th August 2009, 10:55 AM
I'm stuck in the city all day as well...might have to wait till Saturday and try my luck with Nextbyte in Carousel.

Unless a Reseller wants to do a delivery run for us CBD folk :P

3dward_Shaddow
28th August 2009, 04:10 PM
Just a heads up - Myer now have stock in of Snow Leopard!

Be quick!

Salamander
28th August 2009, 04:19 PM
Bugger!!

I was in there at 12 and no luck. Can't get back in this afternoon, will have to wait for Monday.

iCarllovesapple
28th August 2009, 06:15 PM
Lutze, NextByte in Nedlands have it in stock but they close at 5 :( Maybe try telling them that you're dog is sick and needs vet attention. lol

Lutze
28th August 2009, 06:19 PM
Lutze, NextByte in Nedlands have it in stock but they close at 5 :( Maybe try telling them that you're dog is sick and needs vet attention. lol

Thanks for that Carl. I'm unable to do that - I'm the last person here and I can't leave.

Aco
28th August 2009, 06:26 PM
Perth Myer has already sold out.

GraphicsMonkey
28th August 2009, 06:27 PM
oh thats lame, i canceled my order to pick one up from Myer :(

PCKid
28th August 2009, 10:11 PM
Grabbed mine at 3PM from Macworx in Joondalup. Quite an iQueue but they seemed to have plenty.

topgearguy
28th August 2009, 10:42 PM
i'm also on the hunt for snow leopard. JB HiFi are getting 20 copies in stock tomorrow morning, and none are on hold. I just hope i can get there in time to get one.

If anyone finds any stock in perth tell me on twitter: @topgearguy

iCarllovesapple
28th August 2009, 10:54 PM
All I can say is that if you're upgrading and have customised the OS in ANY way. I'm not joking, just do a clean instal. I am having issues with Mail, and several other programs!! Eeek so annoying :P

mazza_lives
28th August 2009, 11:35 PM
Mac-4-U is a small little store on Gt Eastern Highway in Midland they have copies very nice people.

yagankiely
29th August 2009, 12:02 AM
Pre-ordered mine. Shipped from Sydney (at least the paperwork) 7am on the 27th, got the package ≈11am today (Friday).

Happily installed, though FF has it's issue (http://twitter.com/yagankiely/status/3602832967).

Skywalker
1st September 2009, 01:03 AM
Had a look around town today - nobody has any. Myer saying new stock will be end of next week.

Salamander
1st September 2009, 09:44 AM
I think the rest of the world is having us on - I don't believe there is a Snow Leopard. A bit like the Loch Ness Monster, you hear that some people have seen it but you can hunt and hunt and never find it.

brown2hornet
1st September 2009, 11:22 PM
MAXstyle in South Perth still have stock

Salamander
2nd September 2009, 02:51 PM
MAXstyle in South Perth still have stock

thanks for the tip. I just picked up a copy from there today.

iCarllovesapple
2nd September 2009, 07:08 PM
NextByte nedlands got 300 boxes of SL delivered yesterday.. Feed your Mac's boys. They're damn hungry :P