PDA

View Full Version : Snow Leopard Party

W9cae
25th August 2009, 01:49 PM
So has anyone seen any party listings for Snow Leopard ? When Leopard got released CompNow had a great party, food, Champagne & Leopard T/shirt with purchase.

drewbles
25th August 2009, 03:18 PM
Unlikely. Apple are touting this more as an 'upgrade' than a new OS. The fact they're not selling stand-alone copies of Snow Leopard (ie gotta buy the 'full' version with iLife and iWorks) indicates it's not going to be a huge fanfare.

I've already pre-purchased my upgrade and update (2 machines, one bought in june, one older). I'm happy to just have it rock up on my desk this time (I don't need a t-shirt with a picture of a white kitty on it, if they do release one:))

W9cae
26th August 2009, 04:19 PM
Just got an email from CompNow all three stores Doncaster, Malvern & Crowsnest will have Snow Leopard party starting 6 pm friday.

jack112006
26th August 2009, 04:31 PM
Just got an email from CompNow all three stores Doncaster, Malvern & Crowsnest will have Snow Leopard party starting 6 pm friday.

That's funny, because I know for a fact that I will be able to prance into an Apple Store at opening time and pick up a copy of Snow Leopard.

Renoman
26th August 2009, 04:34 PM
Snow Leopard party...? That kinda kills the cool non-geek image of mac users... :D

W9cae
26th August 2009, 04:43 PM
When Leopard got released CompNow had a party. The Malvern store was packed with folks taking up the footpath.

I nearly got trampled to death when I took my iPhone out to snap a pic.

Apple Geeks especially upper crust ones like a release party.

The_Hawk
26th August 2009, 05:13 PM
I went to a Leopard launch event...

Would probably go to a Snow Leopard event if it meant getting it on Thursday night too...

I'm a nerd and I've made peace with that.

RustySpanner
26th August 2009, 05:20 PM
Snow Leopard party...? That kinda kills the cool non-geek image of mac users... :D

Not if it features real snow leopards...

Renoman
26th August 2009, 08:41 PM
Not if it features real snow leopards...

Good point well made :)

MrJesseRoss
26th August 2009, 08:45 PM
That could be a very confusing situation for geeks... A combo of 'aww KITTY!' and 'HOLY SHIT NATURE!' Whatever would they do!? :eek:

AnthoMac
26th August 2009, 08:58 PM
funnily enough in the real world, snow leopards are rare. and snow leopard parties even rarer. I have already equipped my June09 purchased mac with the uptodate leopard program so I guess I'll miss out on them small gatherings (Frequency, before it was purchased by NextByte had a nice little Leopard party too.)

Kirium
26th August 2009, 09:06 PM

Justin Long would not attend a Snow Leopard party...

ada_lovelace
26th August 2009, 09:29 PM
Justin Long would not attend a Snow Leopard party...

Are you kidding? Justin Long would be dressed as the Snow Leopard.