PDA

View Full Version : Apple Store Not My Favourite right now

BAMBI
20th August 2009, 04:49 PM
Saw Airport Extremes in the Refurb shop at $209. Rang and asked the Apple Store if they were dual channel which was confirmed by the rep at the end of the phone, so I ordered one. Turns up the next day (Go Apple/TNT!) but not dual channel (Bugger!).

Ring Apple store and point out on the strength of advice from Apple store person I'd bought an item only to find it wasn't what I'd been told it was. No problems was the response, just send it back and get a refund. (Go Apple - look after the customer!!)

Too easy, says I, I'll drop it into the TNT depot in the morning before work. Unfortunately, I'm told, that can't be done and TNT will have to collect it from your home or place of work (a Canberra/ACT thing I was told this afternoon). Since collection from work is not a workable solution I arranged to work from home today so the base station could be picked up with the minimum of fuss.

No sign of TNT, no record on TNT system of pickup request. Call Apple store and it's confirmed that the pick up request had been sent to TNT. Lot's of apologies and advice to be at home and an attempt would be made to give TNT a hurry up. Not gonna happen.

Asked for TNT to be asked to call me so I could go and meet the driver and give over the box as there was no other way. 7 min 23 secs on hold in discussion with supervisor before it was agreed that my request for a phone call would be made to TNT.

I had to swap over an iPhone 3GS in July and all it took was a sticky label provided by Apple with the return address details and drop into the post office.

This is the sort of dumbness I have come to expect from Telstra and the like.

Huy
20th August 2009, 04:56 PM
I think your gripe is with TNT more than Apple.

iCarllovesapple
20th August 2009, 06:08 PM
Bambi, this has happened many times with me before. It's got nothing to do with Apple, all TNT. I find them very unreliable.

jeremy_warnock
20th August 2009, 06:13 PM
I think your gripe is with TNT more than Apple.
greed your compliant is with TNT not apple

Edge
20th August 2009, 06:52 PM
If it helps, you can plug an old 802.11G Airport Express into the Extreme and achieve exactly the same thing as the latest Dual Band function. There are tutorials around.