PDA

View Full Version : Calendar for windows and iphone?

PCKid
18th August 2009, 08:41 PM
Slightly off topic but my wife has my iPhone 3G now that I have my 3GS. I also am going to give her my iMac as soon as new models come out for me. I sync my iPhone calendar with iCal of course. But since she doesn't use Outlook on her PC is there any calendar she can use on her PC till she gets my iMac?

DeKa
18th August 2009, 08:45 PM
There isn't anything that works other than Outlook 2003 or 2007.
You could sign up to MobileMe, or use Google Calendar.

Mac Ram
18th August 2009, 09:25 PM
Yep - use google calendar

PCKid
19th August 2009, 07:08 PM
OK I've setup a Microsoft Exchange for the Calendar on my iPhone as per the Google instructions. I have the Google Calendar up on the web in IE (Windoze) and it says open the Calendar on your iPhone and the two should sync. I've left it for an hour and still the Google Calendar is blank.

angusg
19th August 2009, 07:24 PM
OK I've setup a Microsoft Exchange for the Calendar on my iPhone as per the Google instructions. I have the Google Calendar up on the web in IE (Windoze) and it says open the Calendar on your iPhone and the two should sync. I've left it for an hour and still the Google Calendar is blank.
^^ Why would you be using Microsoft Exchange??? It should be using CalDAV...

kerr
20th August 2009, 01:20 AM
^^ Why would you be using Microsoft Exchange??? It should be using CalDAV...

You can use either. I am using Exchange and it works fine.

Check you have:
- under Mail, Contacts, Calendars: select the Google account, you should have Mail OFF, Contacts ON or OFF, and Calendars ON
- under Account Info: your email address for Email, m.google.com for Server, <null> for Domain, your email address for Username, your Gmail password for Password, and finally a description of your choice (I just went with Google).

Then go to iGoogle (http://www.igoogle.com) using Safari on your iPhone. Login, select Calendar from the "more" dropdown, scroll to the bottom, select Settings, select the Calendars you want to sync, scroll back up, select Save.

Open Calendar on your iPhone and the Google Calendar (or Calendars) should populate immediately.

Let me know how that goes for you.

kyte
20th August 2009, 05:34 AM

I thought Google recommended using exchange. I used google for a while and did that.

PCKid
20th August 2009, 08:13 PM

Check you have:
- under Mail, Contacts, Calendars: select the Google account, you should have Mail OFF, Contacts ON or OFF, and Calendars ON
- under Account Info: your email address for Email, m.google.com for Server, <null> for Domain, your email address for Username, your Gmail password for Password, and finally a description of your choice (I just went with Google).

Then go to iGoogle (http://www.igoogle.com) using Safari on your iPhone. Login, select Calendar from the "more" dropdown, scroll to the bottom, select Settings, select the Calendars you want to sync, scroll back up, select Save.

Open Calendar on your iPhone and the Google Calendar (or Calendars) should populate immediately.

Let me know how that goes for you.

Ok I'm using my Hotmail account for username and password. You mentioned Gmail. I don't have a Gmail account and have used the hotmail logins for igoogle so is that still ok?

kyte
22nd August 2009, 04:11 AM
I didnt think you got the rest (ie calendar, docs, etc) unless you have a gmail account. but i could be wrong.

iTy
22nd August 2009, 07:13 AM
I didnt think you got the rest (ie calendar, docs, etc) unless you have a gmail account. but i could be wrong.

From my experience this only works with gmail and Google Apps

I find that it works really well. Works better than Mobile Me. The changes appear instantly. Just waiting for Google to enable the mail component for Exchange and I won't be needing MM save for Find my iPhone function.