PDA

View Full Version : Question

thedragonreborn
10th July 2005, 05:24 PM
why are there so many threads about broken powerbooks etc, do they simply fail more than ibooks. I have had my ibook for about 3 months and the only thing wrong with it, is the wear marks!

what you guys reckon?

steve

the_OM
10th July 2005, 05:33 PM
I think more people buy powerbooks around here than iBooks

And the iBook has had a shitload of problems with logic boards.

Kildare
10th July 2005, 05:46 PM
Lets make a poll & find out! :P

frenchtoast
10th July 2005, 06:28 PM
there would be more ibook failures then powerbook failures. thats from the jobs ive seen.

Currawong
10th July 2005, 06:43 PM
I don't think there's a significant enough number of threads to say that one is more faulty than the other. Dana ran a poll a while back asking who had had faults with their Macs and the percentage was quite low. Naturally, when someone is very pissed off that their Mac is faulty, you'll get a long thread on it. This is especially true if the reseller was also less than helpful.

forno
10th July 2005, 06:49 PM
There would be many PB and iBook owners that dont know about the forum too

glenmorrow
12th July 2005, 08:08 PM
That's true, I only found the forum because I searched on something in google and found a thread here and kept reading.

My PB generally has been fine, no problems, and the ones I've had aren't specifically PowerBook problems, like USB devices or OS X issues.

I use my Powerbook solidly every week when I'm DJing and it's never missed a beat. No pun intended.

The keyboard locking thing is weird but that's not specifically the powerbook.

Glen

BiRDBRAiN
13th July 2005, 12:17 AM
I've bought two powerbooks over the last year and they have been awesome!

Two people out of three in my team use these powerbooks and you can guess who has a chuckle when the third person curses when their Toshiba laptop running Windoze XP begins to lag or gets bogged down with spyware :lol:

14th July 2005, 01:23 PM
my powerbook is breaking right now as i type this