PDA

View Full Version : Downloads Folder

arual
17th August 2009, 08:49 AM
Hi - Just a quick question, when you delete items out of your downloads folder (on the toolbar) does that delete them from everywhere in your computer? Cause my downloads folder is HUGE now and I just want to tidy it up but some things I have downloaded e.g. Coconut Battery, is still sitting in there.

Sorry about the dumb question but I am still so very new to Mac! (2 weeks old!)

Thanks
:)

wmyeoh
17th August 2009, 08:53 AM
When you delete something by dragging it into the trash, or pressing Command-Delete, or going to File -> Move to Trash, you still have to make sure you empty the trash afterwards. Otherwise it still sits in the Trash taking up space.

While you are in Finder, go to File and then Empty Trash, or press Command-Shift-Delete. This will empty the Trash of its contents.

Enjoy your new purchase ;)

Exocet
17th August 2009, 09:29 AM
Drag things you want to keep to the appropriate folder for them. Move coconut battery to your Apps folder. Move any images into your pictures folder, documents to document (and likewise).

Once you've sorted everything you want to keep, then you can nuke the contents and empty the trash like wmyeoh said.

Phunky
17th August 2009, 07:16 PM
No it doesnt delete it from everywhere on your computer, just from the downloads folder