PDA

View Full Version : SoundTrack Pro help!

istudio
16th August 2009, 07:07 PM
Hi All,

It had been a nightmare to me yesterday, we have invited a guest speaker to come to our place to have a talk. Since being an "audio guy" in my company for these kind of events i am responsible to operate the audio panel and record the speech. Yesterday I have been using SoundTrack Pro to record the speech and It has been freezes on me for 3 times in an hour during the event(which then i have to force quit and relaunch before i can use STP again). So all i left are 3 damaged .aif files inside /Users/jimmy/Documents/SoundTrack Pro/Temporary Files but they cannot be opened by STP nor QT.

Are there any methods to fix or recover those files? They are all over 500MB+ so there may be something in there probably?

Any help or clues are much appreciated.

ClockWork
16th August 2009, 07:17 PM
If an application keeps freezing and you have to keep Force Quitting it or restarting the machine, any files it created while freezing are going to be damaged, or corrupted - akin to having their arses chewed off.

Do you ever test your equipment before doing this kind of stuff?

istudio
17th August 2009, 04:34 PM
Do you ever test your equipment before doing this kind of stuff?

Yes I do but it never happens preshow - for the first time during the event it freezes at around 20min, second time around 28min, third time around 10min then after that it was fine for the last section (1.5hr)... all I can say is my mac never missed a bit before, I had been using STP to record events like this for many times, but as i remember correctly, this is the first time I did a recording after applying 10.5.7 update from 10.5.6

Edit: It's quite weird actually, after applying 10.5.7 my profile somehow corrupted (auto logout after login) and STP is freezing, probably I should reload OSX?

ClockWork
17th August 2009, 06:02 PM
Yep - followed by Repair Permissions in Disk Utility.