PDA

View Full Version : MBP speaker vs iPhone docks+speaker

Antares
12th August 2009, 07:21 PM
Hey guys,

I recently purchased a Logitech Pure-fi Express plus for my iPhone. Read reviews on iLounge and it said A-, so off my money went.

Unfortunately, I don't find the sound quality particularly good compared to my MBP speakers. Well I'm not surprised since its the logitech is a particularly a speaker for a person with tight budgets... but I don't expect it to be THIS bad. The sound just isnt crisp enough like the MBP.

So, clear me up on this guys, is it the MBP's speaker that is extremely good, or did I make the wrong purchase? (in other words, the logitech doesn't actually sound that bad, but I'm just too spoiled with the crispness of my MBP's speaker?)

Hope u guys get what I mean.. because apart from the sound quality, I LOVE the speaker.. especially the looks :D

Thanks!

PS. now I just hope I have a spare $1000 to spend on a B&W Zeppelin...:D

Phunky
12th August 2009, 07:49 PM
I find my MBP speakers flat, tinny and lifeless
If the dock is worse than that, thats terrible

Antares
12th August 2009, 08:36 PM
Really? I know they're a bit lifeless, but they're crisp, don't you think?

Maybe its a personal preference thing? :S

Aladdin
12th August 2009, 09:20 PM
By 'crispness' do you mean 'tinny', 'lack of bass' etc.?

I do not know the Logitech unit you describe, but my Logitech Pure-Fi Anytime sounds way better than the laptop speakers. Much fuller bass (though still woefully inadequate compared to my stereo hi-fi system).

Antares
12th August 2009, 10:01 PM
Uh...Yeah, I guess. I know the bass in the MBP is lacking, but I reckon it adds to the clarity of the sound...ish. Well, I'm no expert when it comes to audio.. and after a while i kinda get used to the sound my speaker is producing :D

and yes, now I do think its some kind of personal preference thing... because ilounge said "Express Plus sounds better than the $100 non-portable clock radios we’ve tested, including even Logitech’s Pure-Fi Anytime".

I'm pretty content with what I have now :)

If anyone wants to drop a comment feel free to do so :D

Thanks for the opinions guys!