PDA

View Full Version : Recovery of mac mini

lukecon82
11th August 2009, 09:45 PM
Hey all,
Hope i am posting in the right area.
Trying to find some advice i have a mac mini one of the ones that came with the tiger mac os x on it.
It used to be my wifes pc and now it has become mine...
I have been using windows based machines for years and now in my efforts to learn how to use a mac and they are very good as well might i add...i have stuffed my mac and it doesnt load programs and such now.
so i think i need to recover it but the disc that came with it has long since been lost.
does anyone know a way i can track down these older recovery discs?
any help would be great
thanks in advance

Huy
11th August 2009, 09:47 PM
You can contact Apple or you could purchase a retail copy of Leopard. Or wait for Snow Leopard next month and buy that assuming you have an Intel Mac Mini.

lukecon82
11th August 2009, 09:53 PM
no its a g4 mac mini
does this limit my options on how i can fix it?

samuelowens
11th August 2009, 09:57 PM
Provided it's got at least 512MB of RAM, it'll run Leopard (although maxing the Mini out to 1GB is a wise idea) but not Snow Leopard.

However, there's no other limitations OSX-wise...

lukecon82
11th August 2009, 10:05 PM
anyone know how much apple will charge me to replace my recovery dvd?

Brains
12th August 2009, 10:15 AM
luke, call Apple up on 13 3622 and follow the menus to reach Support. Tell them that you have inherited a G4 Mac Mini and you wish to order a set of replacement installer discs for it. They will ask you for your Mini's serial number (found on the back, or by going to 'About This Mac' and then clicking on the "version" in the middle of the box twice) to confirm exactly which model of machine you have so they can get you the right discs.

A set of machine-specific installation or recovery discs costs approximately A$30, including delivery.