PDA

View Full Version : Slideshow question

TheWalrus
10th August 2009, 07:18 PM
Hi, first time poster after looking online for ages to get some help...

I've been using Macs on and off for years but recently made the permanent change at home and am loving it (why didnt I do it years ago?)

Anyway....I have made a slide show in iMovie. I used iMovie as I find iPhoto didnt have the control you get in iMovie i.e. changing the movement with the Ken Burns effect etc...now its done and I've exported it as a Quicktime file I want to be able to loop it continuously, I can see you click 'Loop' in View but when I save it onto the thumb drive it doesnt loop!

The slide show is to be played on a flat screen LCD TV at an expo, so it has to be slick. The TV has a USB slot for the thumb drive and it plays fine, but when its finished it goes back to the control screen rather than just playing again as required.

What have I done wrong or what do I need to do? Would Quicktime Pro have the features i need or is it more simple?

Cheers

kai_h
10th August 2009, 09:55 PM
As far as I know, you can't set the preference to loop a video within the media file itself, that is a function of the media player. You'll have to look in the menus for the TV with it's USB slot to see if there's a repeat function there.