PDA

View Full Version : Do I really need a MB/MBP?

lazychef
8th August 2009, 01:01 PM
Hey guys,

I have been torn between buying a laptop for myself for a while now. Ever since I bought my iMac really and I just can't stop thinking about if I should be buying one or not, if I need it or won't use it etc.

My GF is adamant that I don't need it as I already have my iMac and my iPhone but I still think I would get a lot of use out of it.
So I'm a chef right so I can't use it while I'm at work and I have my iMac for when I am at home and as I said I have an iPhone. When I'm at my GF's house or whatever then I guess I could use it and when I go to friends houses etc it could be handy?

I recently broke my backpack which is giving me the shits to use so I have just stumbled upon one being sold on COTD which is an STM 13" Laptop bag. It was very cheap and great quality which is what I'm looking for over all other aspects, but it obviously can house a 13"er if I buy one!
Another thing working in my favour is my holiday at the end of the year to London. I think it would be nice to have a laptop to use over there, for internet aswell as iPhoto capabilities etc. Would it be worth it? I obviously wouldn't just buy one for this reason, but it is a good reason.

Please try to give your opinions and thoughts on the matter, don't just post "Yes" haha.

Cheers

Huy
8th August 2009, 01:26 PM
You've got your iPhone. Use that when you're overseas. That's my plan.

Since you're a chef I reckon you should be happy with the iMac at home and that's about it. Personally I have all 3 but I hardly ever use my MacBook anymore now that uni is over. It's just a couch-surfing machine and checking emails. The iPhone can do that for me as well (and it does, sometimes, when I'm too lazy to open the lid of the MacBook).

My iMac is my primary machine and gets used 99% of the time.

lazydesi
8th August 2009, 01:45 PM
you don't need a MB/MBP. go for Macbook air

ClockWork
8th August 2009, 01:57 PM
Listen to your girl friend!

Women are always right. Do not make the mistake of putting your foot down.

Granny Mac
8th August 2009, 07:36 PM
Or you could wait for the new tablet supposedly coming out

ClockWork
8th August 2009, 08:43 PM
Or you could wait for the new tablet supposedly coming out

I hope this isn't yet another new antidepressant.

Abaddon
8th August 2009, 08:46 PM
Just to play devil's advocate....it's actually ok to buy something because you want it, even if you don't need it.

Aladdin
8th August 2009, 09:07 PM
I hope this isn't yet another new antidepressant.
It's called 'Promac' - works a million times better than Prozac. :D

black painter
9th August 2009, 10:37 AM
The Macbook pro is a great computer!! its great for viewing anything on line and the screen its a better size then the iphone. The question is when the tablet comes out. It should be interesting when-if that happens.

Granny Mac
9th August 2009, 06:03 PM
It's called 'Promac' - works a million times better than Prozac. :D

Especially if you have been suffering from Windoze:D

But seriously if you only want a laptop for light occasional use why not wait to have a look at the tablet rumoured to be out anytime from September through to 1st quarter next year.

iJohn
10th August 2009, 04:43 PM
ive been considering it for sometime now i the situation as you but just got this urge for one. On the refurb store once a day