PDA

View Full Version : Copilot Live for iPhone (UK only for now)

kyte
7th August 2009, 11:55 PM
CoPilot Live for iPhone: ALK Technologies (http://www.alk.eu.com/copilot/iphone/)

Not sure if it will ever be released for the rest of us...

And hoping I am not making another useless post. (and oops already, EU version has been released since I first spotted it this afternoon)

eaglesteve2
8th August 2009, 03:01 AM
I won't bother with this. It's too basic. Does not have speed warning feature. At least in the case if Navigon it was only because of poor map data. In Copilot's case the software itself does not have this feature.

kyte
8th August 2009, 06:35 AM
I won't bother with this. It's too basic. Does not have speed warning feature. At least in the case if Navigon it was only because of poor map data. In Copilot's case the software itself does not have this feature.

From the user guide on the website

Speed Limit Warnings

Included as standard with certain products or an optional extra available for purchase through CoPilot Central.

CoPilot Live can let you know the speed limit of a road, for safer and more economical driving.

Select or deselect the Show speed limit box to choose whether or not to display the speed limit of a road.

CoPilot Live can warn you when driving faster than a set speed.

Select Show Speed Warning.
Set the speed above which point CoPilot Live should warn you when your driving is faster than the speed limit for the road you are on.
To hear a warning sound when your speed is faster than the speed limit for a road, select the enable speed warning sound box.

Please always respect the speed limit.

So its available but might cost more. They don't say which certain products either. Speed cameras are coming to the iphone version in a free update later.

Like you, I probably won't bother, but one never knows who might be interested.

eaglesteve2
8th August 2009, 09:09 PM
Thanks for that correction. My information came from a copilot die hard who participates regularly in their beta testing, and he was given a free promotional copy recently as a result of his keen support.

Copilot in the past has never had that feature so I think he based his impression on the same product. He had always staunchly defended copilot and believe there "obsession with speed limit warning" is an "Australian thing", which I do'nt really agree.

I actually owned a licenced copy of an old window mobile version of copilot. I did'nt even bother upgrading, cos I though iGO and TT were far better software.

I wonder why that feature should be an optional component that requires additional payment though. Interesting.

Aladdin
8th August 2009, 09:51 PM
Great!!

Now for my trip to UK & Paris in September, I've got to decide between Navigon vs CoPilot vs (waiting for) TomTom for iPhone vs buying UK map for TomTom GO730.

I really wish TomTom would hurry up with their iPhone app.

eaglesteve2
8th August 2009, 10:33 PM
You know Sygic is another option right?

Aladdin
8th August 2009, 11:26 PM
You know Sygic is another option right?

Oops, my mistake. Will add that to the confusion.

We really need the podcast guys to compare them all for us.

longhaul
9th August 2009, 10:46 AM
Oops, my mistake. Will add that to the confusion.

We really need the podcast guys to compare them all for us.

The sygic seems to get fairly good reviews overall. They listen to the customer and address faults quickly, I am using it myself, and while not perfect, is very good.If you are going overseas , sygic have their european maps discounted at the moment.The new text to speech updates will make this quite a complete package in my opinion.

eaglesteve2
9th August 2009, 03:45 PM
The sygic seems to get fairly good reviews overall. They listen to the customer and address faults quickly, I am using it myself, and while not perfect, is very good.If you are going overseas , sygic have their european maps discounted at the moment.The new text to speech updates will make this quite a complete package in my opinion.

Discount ends today. So better hurry if you want it.:D