PDA

View Full Version : Positive Applecare Experience

paulharrop
7th August 2009, 03:18 PM
I have a 12th month of 2006 Macbook Pro that has been (relatively) trouble free except for a crook battery early in its life.

Over the past couple of years it had gradually developed about 20 dead pixels. Not enough to mess up your view but enough to be annoying on an expensive laptop.

Anyway as the warranty expires in December I thought I'd take it in to see if I could get a new screen.

I took it to the MacDoctors at Annerley here in Brisbane. The attractive young service representative (female in case your wondering) examined the machine and declared that the screen could be replaced under warranty.

This was Tuesday afternoon. Later that afternoon I received a text message and email confirming the warranty claim. On Wednesday I received a text and email saying the parts were on their way. On Thursday morning I received a text and email saying that the parts had arrived. A couple of hours later I received another set of messages saying that the computer was repaired and ready to be picked up.

I went over today after work (Friday) and picked it up and it's just like new.

Is Applecare worth it? With service like that and the price of the replacement part - bloody oath!! :)

Paul

DagrtheSnide
7th August 2009, 04:33 PM
20 dead pixels and a crook battery does not equal a trouble free Apple product.

The best Applecare experience is to not actually have one, not to have any fault with your "more expensive but it's worth it, because of the higher quality components" Apple purchase.

I'm glad for your positive outcome though.

iCameron
7th August 2009, 04:49 PM
wow! Positive outcome with applecare? You NEVER hear about those!!!

/sarcasim

Very nice! Congrats =)

grfxninja
7th August 2009, 07:15 PM
20 dead pixels and a crook battery does not equal a trouble free Apple product.

he did say "relatively trouble free"
and developing 20 dead pixels over a period of a couple of years is not as bad as some stories you hear either

Kevin
7th August 2009, 10:38 PM
Looks like I will take my machine to Mac Doctors from now on.

DagrtheSnide
7th August 2009, 11:40 PM
he did say "relatively trouble free"

Did you notice the time I posted and when the OP edited ? :)

and developing 20 dead pixels over a period of a couple of years is not as bad as some stories you hear either

You have heard of worse stories where Apple products have developed more then 20 dead pixels with the owner claiming it's trouble free, relatively ? :)

grfxninja
8th August 2009, 01:34 AM
Did you notice the time I posted and when the OP edited ? :)

Nope, didn't even notice the edit :p

You have heard of worse stories where Apple products have developed more then 20 dead pixels with the owner claiming it's trouble free, relatively ? :)

Thats not quite what I said: I mentioned nothing about Apple, nor that the complainant was claiming it as trouble free.

In fact, the only ones you ever seem to hear about are people complaining about an issue, rather than, relating a positive story about their success with <insert warranty name here>

i was just making a general statement about what I have heard or read on the intertubes over the years ;)

paulharrop
8th August 2009, 09:36 AM
I was just pointing out in this post that I had a great Applecare Experience from a caring service centre and nothing else was intended. You usually only hear about the bad.

I have always had good experiences with Applecare over the years in the few times I have had to call on their services with all of my of my Apple product purchases and from my school when I was the ICT Support teacher in charge of a 100+ Apple Computers.

I thought it would be nice to hear from a happy Apple devotee as we sometimes tend to fixate only on the negative and use forums such as this to blow off steam (and there's nothing wrong with that if it's done in a considerate manner).

Exocet
8th August 2009, 10:30 AM
I can vouch for MacDoctors, run by a great couple and very good on service. I've known a few of the service techs and salesmen also, all in all a great small business which looks after its customers and staff very well.