PDA

View Full Version : HTML Help

tcimac
7th August 2009, 08:39 AM
Hi,

I hope this is the correct section to be posting this.

I am writing some HTML for a Mailto: on an Intranet site. What I basically want to do is this;

1) Staff member clicks on a hyperlink
2) Hyperlink opens a new Outlook message with;

Blank To: field
Populated From: field
Populated Subject line
Populated Body with text, hyperlinks, images and formatting (i.e. paragraphs, spacing etc)
Pre determined Attachment

3) Staff member just adds details in To: field and clicks send

I know how to do the basic mailto: like this

<html>

<body>

<p>
This is another mailto link:
<a href="mailto:someone@microsoft.com?cc=someoneelse@micros oft.com&bcc=andsomeoneelse2@microsoft.com&subject=Summer%20Party&body=You%20are%20invited%20to%20a%20big%20summer%2 0party!">Send mail!</a>
</p>

</body>
</html>

but I need help adding the extra 'features' I want...

Any assitance would be appreciated even if you point me in the right direction of where I can get help.

chrome
7th August 2009, 09:11 AM
My first guess would be to write the email and save it into your drafts folder, then drag it out. This will make it a .msg file, and you can then link to that?

Don't think you're going to easily make a mailto: that will have an attachment.

tcimac
7th August 2009, 09:51 AM

It can be done, because I have used it before as an end user - just don't know how it was done :mad:

tcimac
7th August 2009, 10:31 AM
My first guess would be to write the email and save it into your drafts folder, then drag it out. This will make it a .msg file, and you can then link to that?

Brilliant !!!! creating the .msg file and linking to it was exactly the answer and you can add an attachment. Now I just have to figure out how to allow more than 1 user to open the same file (Permissions doesn't seem to do it??)