PDA

View Full Version : Using Leopard server in schools?

milliedog
6th August 2009, 08:28 PM
It looks the school that I work at will be getting a Leopard server in the near future, mainly for podcast producer and wikis, although I'm sure that we can find more uses for it :)

As our IT staff are mainly windows folk, I'm keen to speak to someone working in a school that is using this. How has this been implemented? How easy is it accommodate the Mac server into a predominantly windows based environment? What works well (or doesn't)?

Please let me know.

macpunc
6th August 2009, 11:04 PM
I would start here if I was you, this is a link to a dude in New South Wales who sets up servers for the New South Wales Department of Education. (http://www.wazmac.com/servers_network/fileservers/osxserver_setup/osxserver105_setup.htm)

Cheers

macpunc

vecsty
7th August 2009, 12:06 AM
The IT guys may want to have some training on 10.5 Server integration, but before that I would get them to read the Apple Server documentation at Apple.com

It will give them a very good grounding, and will cover most question they have. Now if you can hold off till 10.6 Server for Wikis and Podcast Producer, your going to be very very impressed.

If you have any question, feel free to ask.