PDA

View Full Version : iGo navigation app

DaveOZ
4th August 2009, 05:09 PM
I just noticed that iGo is now available on the US store. I have iGo8 running on my the unit in my Golf R32 and it is a VERY good application. I rate it much higher than TomTom. Hope they launch and Australian version soon.

kevinnugent
4th August 2009, 06:59 PM
I think they have Europe, Western Europe and USA on the Australian iTunes App Store too.... from my quick look today.

eaglesteve2
4th August 2009, 08:26 PM
Looks like a port from the other platform and does not use the standard iPhone UI.

kyte
4th August 2009, 09:54 PM
I think I'll be stopping at what I have, unless the tomtom app is something superspecial (because I really do want the hardware that goes with it)

eaglesteve2
4th August 2009, 10:08 PM
I think I'll be stopping at what I have, unless the tomtom app is something superspecial (because I really do want the hardware that goes with it)

+1 Kyte. I'm spending too much on software. Okay if I use them. Often I buy four or five of the same thing before knowing which is the one I like. Navigon is the only one using standard iPhone UI, so I'll probably use it. If iGO, TomTom, Copilot is a from the ground up written for iPhone application rather than a port, I would consider buying again. I want maps that can be pinched and spreaded, I want to use standard apple keyboard, and integratino with the contact database. That's why I'm going to dump Sygic I think.

kyte
4th August 2009, 10:25 PM
+1 Kyte. I'm spending too much on software. Okay if I use them. Often I buy four or five of the same thing before knowing which is the one I like. Navigon is the only one using standard iPhone UI, so I'll probably use it. If iGO, TomTom, Copilot is a from the ground up written for iPhone application rather than a port, I would consider buying again. I want maps that can be pinched and spreaded, I want to use standard apple keyboard, and integratino with the contact database. That's why I'm going to dump Sygic I think.

Next update from sygic promises integration with the contact list and a bunch of other stuff people have been asking for. Don't give it up yet!

eaglesteve2
4th August 2009, 10:53 PM
I hate the kyeboard in Sygic, hate the zoom in and out of map. So even with contact integration I'm unlikely to stay with it.