PDA

View Full Version : Can't screeen grab from DVDs!

BenW
2nd August 2009, 08:58 PM
Hi folks,

I was trying to capture the screen images while playing a DVD (there's particular scenes I acted in that I need stills of) and tried the 'shift/apple/4' technique but it sez I can't use it while playing a DVD!! This is a little frustrating as I need to do this kinda thing quite often with my studies and all.

Is there any way I can actually capture the screen from DVD?

Also...

I'm really needing a program that rips DVD and actually burns to DVD format. For example; I want to shoot some things on my DV Camera but then want to burn to to a blank DVD in DVD format to play in any old DVD player.

If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!

MrJesseRoss
2nd August 2009, 09:03 PM
Any other screen grab app will work with DVD Player. I use Skitch, which is quite easy to use, and has basic image editing functions.

Lachie
3rd August 2009, 12:28 AM
Your not meant to be able to screen grab with Apples "Grab" app. It would most likely be cause a breach of liscencing or somesuch

cartz
3rd August 2009, 08:41 AM
I'm really needing a program that rips DVD and actually burns to DVD format. For example; I want to shoot some things on my DV Camera but then want to burn to to a blank DVD in DVD format to play in any old DVD player.

If you're after a program to burn movies you shoot to DVD then doesn't iMovie do that?

If you're wanting to rip DVDs - you can first rip it to your hard drive using MacTheRipper (free) and then burn it with Burn (Free).

brawlster
3rd August 2009, 08:57 AM
Hi folks,

Is there any way I can actually capture the screen from DVD?

VLC can do it....and skitch as mentioned if you want more editing options. VLC seems easier for me cause you're also in the same app that navigates the DVD.....makes it easier for cueing, rapid and multiple grabs and finding what you want on the disc...

jb