PDA

View Full Version : Advice on 15" Macbook Pro refurb

Muzzer
1st August 2009, 01:29 PM
I'm looking at getting one of these refurb Macbook Pro's but I'm not sure about a couple of things.
Is this the model with the SD memory card slot?
If so, I can't see it on the specs.
Also, I thought this model can be taken up to 8Gb of ram, although the specs say 4Gb. Anybody tried 8?
Refurbished MacBook Pro 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - Apple Store (Australia) (http://store.apple.com/au/product/FC026X/A?mco=MjE0NDk5Mw)

If the answer to these things is no, would you spend the extra on a new laptop instead? The only reason I'm thinking about the 8Gb of ram is if I want to run Parallels with Vista or Win 7 later. Reckon I'll need 8Gb for that. ie 4Gb for each OS under parallels?

wolfie
1st August 2009, 02:02 PM
i got a similar speceed machine, but its the new 2.8 MBP.

i think thats the old model... is it worth a new model? depends how much u value the sd slot and supposed better display, ive got the new model but dont even use the SD slot, as for the screen, i cant compare so i dont have a opinion on how much better it is.

btw i use fusion and 2 gig for each OS is plenty.

Muzzer
1st August 2009, 02:13 PM
Thanks Wolfie.
There's some new information, I didn't know the two displays were different.
Anybody know what the differences are, and again, whether that makes a worthwhile difference given the $ diff?

Comet
1st August 2009, 02:47 PM
Thanks Wolfie.
There's some new information, I didn't know the two displays were different.
Anybody know what the differences are, and again, whether that makes a worthwhile difference given the $ diff?

The better screen was for the 13" formally macbook which got an upgraded screen when it became a MBP. The 15" hasn't changed so it's really the SD slow and the CPU if different.

wolfie
1st August 2009, 02:59 PM
im pretty sure both the MBP 13 qnd 15 got upgraded with a new screen.

Muzzer
1st August 2009, 03:19 PM
Wasn't there a display on one of the Macbooks that was upgraded to something like 60% more colours or hues or whatever, recently? I've had a brain fart and forgotten which one it was.

ArcticFox
1st August 2009, 03:37 PM
Don't forget the better battery life! (5.5h compared to 7h)

Muzzer
3rd August 2009, 05:45 AM
I took the plunge and bought a new 2.66 Ghz MBP yesterday. It's more than I wanted to pay but I'm wrapped with it. The better display, SD card slot, larger HD, capability to go to 8Gb of RAM and the longer battery life all added up. Now I just have to sell my 24" iMac! Thanks for your help guys.