PDA

View Full Version : apple TV having all sorts of SSH issues

paulb1977
26th July 2009, 03:22 PM
So my room mate accidentally upgraded my apple tv to the latest update with disables the hack. (spewing)... and u cant redo as the sound wont work. so i had to do a factory reset. put the patchstick back in and then when i tried to SSH in and put in the codecs, i got this. anyone have any idea what it means or how to fix it???
appreciate the help guys.

pauls-macbook-2:~ paulb$ scp -2 -r ~/Desktop/Components/AC3MovieImport.component frontrow@10.1.1.5:~
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@
@ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
It is also possible that the RSA host key has just been changed.
The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is
77:ed:4f:70:9e:09:12:9b:fb:10:25:83:16:8d:bc:b0.
Please contact your system administrator.
Add correct host key in /Users/paulb/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of this message.
Offending key in /Users/paulb/.ssh/known_hosts:2
RSA host key for 10.1.1.5 has changed and you have requested strict checking.
Host key verification failed.
lost connection

Beau
26th July 2009, 03:38 PM
Open up finder and go to your Home directory.
In the menu bar, select 'Go' followed by 'Go to folder'.
In here, type in

.ssh
Delete all files in here, and then try setting up an SSH connection again.
This happens because your Mac and AppleTV generate keys when they first connect.
As you've reset the AppleTV, it's got a different key, and your Mac won't let you connect.

Good luck!

paulb1977
26th July 2009, 04:02 PM
Hi Beau,
thanks for the reply.

i dont follow you when u say go to finder and go to home and type go.
can you be more specific. im totally lost.

cheers
Paul

Cybix
26th July 2009, 04:05 PM
open terminal and type:

rm -Rf ~/.ssh/*

it will remove any existing keys so you can start fresh.

Beau
26th July 2009, 04:07 PM
Well Cybix beat me. :P

I meant, select your Home folder from the sidebar 'paulb', and then up in the menu bar, Choose the 'Go' menu and then choose the 'Go to folder' option.

But Cybix's way is quicker+easier since you're already in the terminal. :)

paulb1977
26th July 2009, 04:08 PM
thanks cybix, i tired that. here is the result. no luck still. starting to really do my head in.

pauls-macbook-2:~ paulb$ rm -Rf ~/.ssh/*
pauls-macbook-2:~ paulb$ scp -2 -r ~/Desktop/Components/AC3MovieImport.component frontrow@10.1.1.5:~
The authenticity of host '10.1.1.5 (10.1.1.5)' can't be established.
RSA key fingerprint is 77:ed:4f:70:9e:09:12:9b:fb:10:25:83:16:8d:bc:b0.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?

Beau
26th July 2009, 04:20 PM
type 'yes', as you want to continue connecting.
Try just SSHing straight in before you try sending files to it, that might help and then your Mac can save the keys.

paulb1977
26th July 2009, 06:53 PM
i did everything. got rid of the known hosts.
followed all the instructions and it looked like it worked fine, but when i went to play back content, i got a white screen for 2 seconds and then nuffin.

any mac experts in melbourne wanna earn some cash and come fix this for me?

Cybix
26th July 2009, 07:29 PM
which patchstick are you using?

It's possible only patchstich.ca has ATV 2.4 support. I patched mine on the latest OS a couple of days ago. Everyone stay tuned for a very in depth and thorough review of the patchstick.ca product(s)

James

paulb1977
27th July 2009, 12:43 AM
atvusb-creator - Project Hosting on Google Code (http://code.google.com/p/atvusb-creator/)

thats the patchstick i used. My apple tv software is 2.2

Phillo
27th July 2009, 10:17 AM
Hi all...

Just a quick note... I ran the 2.4 update over the weekend and re-patched the AppleTV.

After a bit of searching and stuffing around, I have been able to fix the audio problem on my "imported" files.

It takes a small amount of work.... but once its done it works a treat.

If anyone is interested, I can put a step by step procedure on how to fix it.

paulb1977
27th July 2009, 02:31 PM
please tell us phillio....

Phillo
27th July 2009, 03:46 PM
I will do when I get home tonight.

paulb1977
28th July 2009, 06:59 PM
any news phillio?

Phillo
28th July 2009, 11:39 PM
OK... sorry for the delay.

Here goes.

SO... if you want to fix the audio problem with the 2.4 update, then you need to follow a couple of steps.

Firstly, here is how I manage my files on the AppleTV so everyone is on the same page.

All media is managed through iTunes.
I use the AppleTVFooler script to put a h.264 wrapper around my xvid files.
I use the google patchstick with the perian codecs to jailbreak my appletv unit.

The Instructions.

At this point I assume that you have already updated the AppleTV to version 2.4 and run the patchstick (and installed the perian codecs)

You will need the updated AppleTVFooler file and a little apple script I found and saved.
I have put them up for download here: AppleTVStuff (http://home.exetel.com.au/phillo/AppleTVStuff.zip)

What we are looking to achieve with this process is to turn the language settings on your files to "FRENCH".

The AppleTVFooler script has had the settings adjusted so that any new files it creates already have the setting updated.

The "FrenchMod" applescript file is to fix your existing files.

FrenchMod fix.
So.... Go into where your video files are stored in your itunes library. In this folder highlight all the files and right click and open the files. (excuse my terminology)
If you have 10 files in the folder... 10 quicktime windows should open.

At this point... run the "FrenchMod" script. HOPEFULLY... the windows will close one by one and give you a operation successful message at the end.

You will need to complete this process for each folder with video files.

Once this is complete... you will need to resync your video files back into the Apple TV.

Apple TV settings

Once you have updated all the language settings on your files... you need to adjust one setting on the Apple TV.

Go to: Settings>Language and change the setting to "english" it should be on "default"

Once you have done that... your done.

HOPEFULLY... I have explained this process properly. If I havent... just beat me to a pulp or PM me and I will fix it.