PDA

View Full Version : High scores gone with new 3GS

PCKid
24th July 2009, 09:41 PM
I got a new 3GS and gave my wife my 3G. Whilst syncing restored all my apps etc when I go to play a game all the high scores are gone. The worst one is Peggle which I've been playing the adventure mode for weeks and am 95% there now it wants me to start again. Is it stored somewhere on my mac so I can retrieve it?

OziMac
24th July 2009, 09:43 PM
I lost a 270 on Flight Control - well pissed about that!

gtext
24th July 2009, 10:24 PM
I got a new 3GS and gave my wife my 3G. Whilst syncing restored all my apps etc when I go to play a game all the high scores are gone. The worst one is Peggle which I've been playing the adventure mode for weeks and am 95% there now it wants me to start again. Is it stored somewhere on my mac so I can retrieve it?

I did this and it worked.
Before deleting anything from the 3G I deleted all the apps that had scores on the 3G from iTunes. Then did a sync. That transferred all the apps that were now missing from iTunes from the 3G together with the scores. Now the ones in iTunes were ones with scores inside.
Now when I synced the 3GS the apps in iTunes together with the scores were copied across to the 3GS.

Seems like when syncing the apps don't get included unless their missing.

So if the 3G still has the apps installed try that.

Like I said it worked for me and lost nothing. Should work equally well for any non game apps that have data.

Beau
24th July 2009, 10:40 PM
Did you restore from a backup of the 3G? That's meant to carry across Application data, including high scores and the likes.

PCKid
24th July 2009, 10:50 PM
No because with the latest version of iTunes I couldn't find backup anywhere in the iTunes menu. It used to be first pull down menu. I did do a last syn before swapping phones.

gtext
24th July 2009, 10:58 PM
Did you restore from a backup of the 3G? That's meant to carry across Application data, including high scores and the likes.

Yes restored from the backup of the 3G.

What I've noticed previously is that the apps seem to only sync between iTunes and the iPhone if the apps missing on the iPhone or iTunes, or if an update has been done on either the iPhone or iTunes.
All that's been done here is ensure that the app in iTunes is the same one that's on the iPhone with scores before syncing to the new iPhone.

Tried doing it the same as the PCKid the first time and had the same problem.

So whether it should have worked or not it did.

gtext
24th July 2009, 11:06 PM
No because with the latest version of iTunes I couldn't find backup anywhere in the iTunes menu. It used to be first pull down menu. I did do a last syn before swapping phones.

Are the apps still on the 3G? If so just do another sync.
If they've been deleted from the 3G I don't know there's much you can do.

Isn't there a backup in iTunes. iTunes - Preferences - Devices?