PDA

View Full Version : Suddenly I haven't got sufficient privileges?

rem
24th July 2009, 06:31 PM
Hi, hopefully this will make sense & someone can help me.

I have a shared folder between my MacBook Pro & my PC, which has been working great until this morning.

I transferred a folder from my Mac to the PC, that I left going overnight.
I restarted both computers when I got up & since then, when I try to tranfer a file from the share folder onto my Mac's desktop, I've gotten this message 'The operation cannot be completed because you do not have sufficient privileges for some of the items'.

And also when I try to tranfer a file from my Mac's desktop into the shared folder is says 'You may need to enter the name and password for an administrator on this computer to change the item named....'.
So I press Continue, then this 'The item......contains one or more items you do not have permission to read. Do you want to copy the items you are not allowed to read?'

So I press Continue & then this again 'The operation cannot be completed because you do not have sufficient privileges for some of the items'.

I'm able to transfer a file from the share folder to the PC's desktop without a problem.

None of my settings, for both computers, have changed. I still have Read & Write permissions for my folders, username & Administrator.
All worked last night, it seems restarting each computer this morning has changed something.....and I'm at a loss as to what's wrong. And if it's a Mac or PC issue.

Help! -- thanks