PDA

View Full Version : New FCS

woody993
24th July 2009, 12:42 AM
Just went to the apple store and noticed there is a new final cut studio with fcp7. How long has it been out? Will it support OpenCL for the release of Snow?

marc
24th July 2009, 01:00 AM
There's a new version of Final Cut Studio and Logic Studio. How new are they? New enough that I can't buy an upgrade on the Apple store yet!

Both look great.

woody993
24th July 2009, 01:22 AM
Guess I should have opened Byline first

lucid.motion
24th July 2009, 01:44 AM
new final cut studio = amazing

madness....
excellent...

sadness...

new final cut studio = intel only

Goodbye G5 old friend.

And so... a tribute. in pictures:
RIP Quad Core G5 2005-2009 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/lucidmotion/sets/72157621792790496/show/with/3749670912/)
:sad:

limpboy
24th July 2009, 10:47 AM
Damn! I just bought FCS2 a month ago! Does anyone know if Apple do a cheaper upgrade if you bought recently? Like they do for hardware and their OS uptodate program.

Phase
24th July 2009, 11:15 AM
And so... a tribute. in pictures:
RIP Quad Core G5 2005-2009 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/lucidmotion/sets/72157621792790496/)
:sad:

You are awesome.

grorr76
24th July 2009, 12:27 PM
already purchased my upgrade looks great. used the mactalk link.

jared79
24th July 2009, 04:29 PM
Damn! I just bought FCS2 a month ago! Does anyone know if Apple do a cheaper upgrade if you bought recently? Like they do for hardware and their OS uptodate program.

yeah, you can get the upgrade for $449. I just wish I had the money to do it.

Some new stuff.

Compressor now has the abilty to author DVD's INCLUDING BLU-RAY!!

DVD studio Pro got left out again. I know Apple doesn't like opitical media, but come on. Oh well, At least compressor can do it.

Motion has the ablity to do shadows for object.

FCP has had some new tweeks to like the share option (Like iMovie) new clip speed interface, more ProRes codecs (one especially for Laptops).

There are heaps more.

I am so excited.

grorr76
24th July 2009, 04:36 PM
yeah, you can get the upgrade for $449. I just wish I had the money to do it.

Some new stuff.

Compressor now has the abilty to author DVD's INCLUDING BLU-RAY!!

DVD studio Pro got left out again. I know Apple doesn't like opitical media, but come on. Oh well, At least compressor can do it.

Motion has the ablity to do shadows for object.

FCP has had some new tweeks to like the share option (Like iMovie) new clip speed interface, more ProRes codecs (one especially for Laptops).

I am so excited.

as far as I read you can only do blueray out of Final Cut. Which is like being half pregnant. Apple just put it into DVD studio already. Mac Production houses who want to author blueray have to have a windows pc for blueray authoring. The demand is there make it happen.

Correction
you can encode blueray in compressor just not burn, burning happens from within final cut