PDA

View Full Version : How to watch Foreign TV content online that is reserved for that country only?

Antonino Giglio
23rd July 2009, 09:40 PM
A friend of mine would like to watch sport live on the Italian TV online
but he told me he cannot watch it from Australia as they say the content is reserved to Italy: Rai.tv - Le dirette (http://www.rai.tv/dl/RaiTV/diretta.html?cid=ContentSet-37f0f5d4-af33-48df-9281-2d46214c1b5d)

I've checked myself and he is right. Is there a system to overcome that?
I've tried to download a program called Hotspod Shield to see if it worked but it doesn't.

Changing the proxy could go around the problem?

My friend gave me this number but not sure how I can help him:

Lachie
23rd July 2009, 09:52 PM
Have tried a proxy server? Im sure there are free italian proxies you can use. Just google them

denwol
23rd July 2009, 10:01 PM
If it is a sporting event, it may be shown on justin.tv although this is not really a solution, rather an alternative.

lenman74
23rd July 2009, 11:56 PM
when you google proxy servers I found it useful to do an advance search and find one that has been posted within the last 1-2-3 days as they don't seem to stay up for long

macuzer
24th July 2009, 12:51 AM
Try a google search on 'Hotspot Shield' - it usually manages to hide your IP from sites that don't play content for other countries.

Antonino Giglio
27th July 2009, 05:21 PM
Try a google search on 'Hotspot Shield' - it usually manages to hide your IP from sites that don't play content for other countries.

Yes tried it already but cannot access the content of the site anyway. It probably recognizes that it is not an Italian proxy and doesn't want to show the content.

FOR EVERYONE:
Thanks guys for your hints, but then after having found a proxy, how do I use it?