PDA

View Full Version : iTunes Stutters

FineWine
23rd July 2009, 01:10 PM
Just sent the following to iTunes Support and wonders if anyone in these forums have suffered similar problems. Have done a Google and this problem was occurring 2008 & backwards, could not find any later entries. Any ideas guys?

"Just purchased and download 6 albums (partial & whole) total 47 tracks and now iTunes stutters during playback. This is very intermittent. It occurs whether playing via master library or playlists. 24 hours prior whilst browsing the iTunes store I suffered several beach ball freezes that even Force Quit did not fix and I required a machine Restart via the menu selection."

iTunes 8.2.1
Leopard 10.5.7
Total Songs 3821
20.03 Gb

macinblack
23rd July 2009, 01:31 PM
Silly question, but do you have a 3rd party app like 'GimmeSomeTune' that is fetching lyrics or album artwork? The only time i have heard stutters in iTunes is when lyrics are being downloaded and applied to the MP3 file being played.

FineWine
23rd July 2009, 01:36 PM
Silly question, but do you have a 3rd party app like 'GimmeSomeTune' that is fetching lyrics or album artwork? The only time i have heard stutters in iTunes is when lyrics are being downloaded and applied to the MP3 file being played.

No, not even widgets

FineWine
23rd July 2009, 01:59 PM
OK - logged into Apple-Support-Discussions and this problem seems to be prevalent in iTunes 8.* and when people roll back to iTunes 7.7 the problem is gone.