PDA

View Full Version : Stolen MacBooks

Atomac
23rd July 2009, 01:08 PM
Last night my school's seven MacBooks were stolen.

The culprit(s) broke into the library and took the seven machines from their trolley.

However, they didn't steal the power supplies and the computers require a authentication to log in. They are engraved with the school's code.

I am assuming that whoever took them is not computer literate since they also tried to take a 3 year old PC. Therefore they are going to be looking for power supplies and probably someone to help them get the machines reformatted etc.

I have listed the serial numbers below. If anyone comes into contact with any of these machines or a shady characted looking to get a power supply or software for them, please let me know.

Thanks.

W8808RJB0P0
W8808RKL0P0
W8808RLW0P0
W8808RQY0P0
W8808RKK0P0
W8808RE40P0
W8808RC10P0

MissionMan
23rd July 2009, 02:49 PM
You may also want to register them as stolen with Apple. If anyone phones to verify them or for repair, they will be picked up.

Atomac
23rd July 2009, 04:44 PM
Thanks. I'll do that.

thorevenge
23rd July 2009, 04:49 PM
Yeah call Apple support and register them stolen.

Also, I'd call NextByte, Maxstyle and Macworx. I don't think you can cover the department stores but maybe the thieves won't think to visit one of those for power supplies.

And also, letting the major repair centres know will help in terms of maybe getting them back. It has happened before :)