PDA

View Full Version : Free Gprs

davo_169
1st July 2005, 06:52 PM
does anybody know of a pre paid card that offers free gprs or maybe pre paid gprs cards....ie pay 20 dollars for 10mb gprs usage

maelgwn
1st July 2005, 07:31 PM
do you mean you want to access WAP services?

Arkhum_Eramak
2nd July 2005, 05:58 PM
maelgwn I'm pretty sure he means GPRS services.

Well, I' on pre-paid Vodafone and I can access GPRS with my Treo 650, I am about to check the Vodafone website because it isn't charging my prepaid account (and that frightens me!). But Vodafone pre-paid can access the GPRS service (full HTML in Blazer). When I find out the details I'll post back here...

My friend's sister is on Vodafone prepaid and shes been accessing GPRS services for free for a while (a few months) although a huge bill might be just around the corner...scary stuff!

:: Update! ::

Well, I hunted around Vodafone AU and they say I have access to WAP but not GPRS from pre-paid...but I can access HTML...Can anyone answer this? Apparently I require a plan to use the GPRS data services but I'm doin' it here on Pre-Pay and not getting charged...ehn....I'll look further into it...*hides from possible bill of death*

Arkhum_Eramak
4th July 2005, 01:43 PM
Can anyone answer how my magical Pre Paid GPRS works? I'll have to write an email to customer support later today...

maelgwn
4th July 2005, 05:35 PM
isnt it that that info is only for new subscribers and older subscribers have the deal as it was sold to them? or as at last update of credit or something?

Proboscis
8th July 2005, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Arkhum_Eramak@Jul 2 2005, 05:58 PM
Well, I' on pre-paid Vodafone and I can access GPRS with my Treo 650.

Hello,

I will be visiting WA for two weeks, so buying a registration is not really an option.

Can you confirm that I can check my email on my Treo 600 with Vodafone Prepaid? (Or any other prepaid?)

Thanks!