PDA

View Full Version : iMovie 09 not as good iMovie 06 (Video Quality Wise)???

Reggiet
22nd July 2009, 10:53 AM
I make Short movies every day using the old iMovie and export to the latest iDVD and have little problem. The quality is fine. I did not use iMovie 08 because you couldn't slow down the footage. iMovie 09 alows us to slow down and has some great aspects however the quality when exported to iDVD is rubbish. It is pixelated. I even tried just taking two titles and exporting to iDVD and it is rubbish. Have telephones apple and tried their suggestions I am burning at professional rather then best and even burning at the slowest speed. Tow things not needed in iMovie 06. Please help as I would like to use the latest software.

NORMANDY
22nd July 2009, 12:23 PM
for quick edits... no work really I still use imovie 06.... final cut for most other things... imove 08 and 09 suck badly, they are just for you tube videos and thats it.... dont use them

or splash out and get final cut express or final cut studio 2 ......

grorr76
22nd July 2009, 12:50 PM
Few things I can suggest here
Does this video that looks bad have fast movement? If it does that can create blockiness and pixillation. Also you probably want to wind your bitrate up to its highest level. These issues are next to never to do with the software itself. They are caused by wrong settings or poor quality source material. Also try exporting your video as a QuickTime going
share-export using QuickTime - then name your video and export as a dv stream.
Then import that file into IDVD. If that still doesn't fix it your issue is definitely with IDVD. I get top notch results when using that path.

Reggiet
22nd July 2009, 01:33 PM
Few things I can suggest here
Does this video that looks bad have fast movement? If it does that can create blockiness and pixillation. Also you probably want to wind your bitrate up to its highest level. These issues are next to never to do with the software itself. They are caused by wrong settings or poor quality source material. Also try exporting your video as a QuickTime going
share-export using QuickTime - then name your video and export as a dv stream.
Then import that file into IDVD. If that still doesn't fix it your issue is definitely with IDVD. I get top notch results when using that path.
In the end I used just two tiltles from iMovie 09 and exported them into the new iDVD via every way imaginable and the results were rubbish. I don't have any issues going from iMovie 06 and the new iDVD

rpjallan
22nd July 2009, 02:04 PM
These issues are next to never to do with the software itself. They are caused by wrong settings or poor quality source material.

The poor quality material is the software.

This has all been discussed on here before.

Like NORMANDY said - iMovie 08 & 09 are crap. Just stick with iMovie 06. It's still working fine for me...

grorr76
24th July 2009, 12:29 PM
again dont know what your doing but my results are fantastic its to easy to blame the software.