PDA

View Full Version : Internet will not connect - Address not found grrrrrr

elliptrical
18th July 2009, 10:50 AM
I've had this problem before and both times I fixed it via a) checking that cables and white plug-in thingy with green light are plugged in correctly and b) clearing private data (thanks to Clockwork) Today...nada, zip....nothing. My ISP is not to blame because our PC's connection is in full swing.

Can anybody point me in the right direction here? Is something broken? I am using a macbook with OSX 10.4.11.

cheers

ETA: Both browsers (Firefox and safari) will not load.

elliptrical
19th July 2009, 08:35 AM
ok, maybe this is a problem that no one has ever had before. I'm at a loss. I've tested my modem and all is in working order. The green light is on the airport connection. I have even plugged the ethernet cable directly into my Macbook.

I would so appreciate some help even if just a lead to point me in the right direction. On occassions my connection indicator (top right of screen) blinks off and on making it impossible to connect. This has happened maybe 5 times in the last 6 months but it always corrects itself. One thing I have noticed just now is that the connection signal still shows full - there is not even a lessening of it's strength even though the macbook is now completely disconnected from the wireless network. In the drop down menu from the connection indicator there have appeared a few other names that I have not seen before. Could it be possible that a neighbours connection is throwing my Macbook off? Is it possible that something has finally decided to die in my macbook itself?