PDA

View Full Version : Dell 20inch $825, 24inch $1799

perthmacuser
30th June 2005, 11:51 AM
My attendance at the Digital Imaging Festival in Melbourne must have put me on a Dell mailing list - their 24 inch widescreen LCD monitor is available at $1799. They also have another promo on the 20 inch - $825 delivered for the next 2 days.

Harder and harder to hold out upgrading.

I am drawn to a 24 inch monitor but have been told/read that the Apple Cinema 23 has had problems with colour casts/bands (pink and green!). Read in an earlier post in Appletalk re the Dell/Apple question that colour calibration from OSX to Dell is problematic (never heard this anywhere else, mind).

Decisions, decisions. Wonder if Apple will sharpen their pencil soon?

macmate
30th June 2005, 01:26 PM
apple has recently sharpened their pencil so don't hold your breath

cmetom
30th June 2005, 01:59 PM
heheh I'm slightly cut that the 20" has dipped another $55 since I bought it...

I can certainly recommend it - and I guess the 24" will be just as good - for PC or Mac (or both like me).
I'll play with colour calibration tonight if you like, but I never noticed any problem.... *shrugs*

MightyAtom
30th June 2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by perthmacuser@Jun 30 2005, 12:21 PM
their 24 inch widescreen LCD monitor is available at $1799.
Not a particuarly good deal considering this display was available for up to $500 less a couple of months ago, before it went out of stock. I guess that's supply and demand at work. I'd love one but I'll be waiting till the price drops again before considering buying.

Quamen
30th June 2005, 05:51 PM
If the dell drops to $1299 I'll be snapping one up with my tax return dollars.

With all of those inputs I'll be able to have my PC, gamecube and powerbook connected to it all at once and switch between the signals as required. :)