PDA

View Full Version : Nimbuzz for Mac and new version for iPhone with Push

angusg
16th July 2009, 12:48 PM
Saw this on Twitter Mac version of Nimbuzz (finally) and new iPhone version of Push: Nimbuzz loves Apple - NEW Mac and iPhone! (http://blog.nimbuzz.com/2009/07/15/nimbuzz-loves-apple-new-mac-and-iphone/)

Nimbuzz is probably the nicest looking free IM client for iPhone. If I didn't pay for Beejive I'd probably look at on my Mac and iPhone using it instead of Adium X and Beejive. I particularly love that Nimbuzz has a single sign on for all accounts, makes it easy when switching computers between home/work.

Anyone used it?? Let me know if it's worth the switch!!

Devil rolla
16th July 2009, 02:53 PM
If u have a system online @ home, and it's online 24/7 with numbizz @ home, can it push the notification to the iPhone ?

iPhone app only stays active 30mins after exit

NeoRicen
16th July 2009, 03:13 PM
Cool, much prefer Nimbuzz to Beejive. Might also give the Mac version a look, looks more mac-like than Adium, and that's all I really want in an IM app.

That 30 minutes thing is a shame, anyone know why they did it?

EDIT: Actually, it's not a bad idea, although I would like the option to go longer.

James01
16th July 2009, 03:28 PM
Ah crap, I wish I hadn't wasted all that money on Beejive :(

I've just installed Nimbuzz on my MacBook and my iPhone. It's awesome on both platforms, and I definitely prefer it to Adium and Beejive.

ts10
16th July 2009, 03:31 PM
Not as good as Adium for me. No multiple accounts for each protocol and I have all my nicknames and history saved in Adium...too much switch.

Looks very nice though and it would be cool to be able to sync between iPhone and Mac...

iBROX
16th July 2009, 03:33 PM
I'd say because of battery life issues perhaps?

I have noticed with Push turned on, my battery drains a bit quicker than normal.

Beau
16th July 2009, 03:42 PM
30 minute restriction because it's a free app. ;)
Apart from that, im liking the idea of the desktop app while we wait for MSFT to actually add A/V support.

Devil rolla
16th July 2009, 03:47 PM
If the desktop apps on, can it still push an updated/message to the iPhone ?

angusg
16th July 2009, 05:25 PM
I definitely prefer it to Adium and Beejive.

You might have just convinced me to give it a whirl tonight :)

Is the Mac app tabbed? I tried running Nimbuzz instead of MSN at work, but it's blocked.

What would be really cool (and I think this is a limitation of MSN) is if I could have a convo on the train home on Nimbuzz, then open the app at home and carry it on there..

angusg
16th July 2009, 08:41 PM
Installed, signed in, signed out, removed from my Mac and my iPhone. Back to my Adium/Beejive combo, I love the flexibility of Adium too much and how both of them display user names if they're in my address book

froggy
18th July 2009, 08:24 PM
What would be really cool (and I think this is a limitation of MSN) is if I could have a convo on the train home on Nimbuzz, then open the app at home and carry it on there..

Skype does that

angusg
18th July 2009, 08:26 PM
^^ So does facebook chat and google talk... Problem is most of my friends are still on MSN