PDA

View Full Version : MMS, 3g iPhone, optus - I have no idea!

Neet_79
12th July 2009, 08:47 PM
Help needed please!

I am not technical whatsoever and recently updated my iPhone software to 3.0. I have read through forum posts I thought would help me but still don't know what I'm doing or what to do.

The MMS function isn't working. So, having been advised by a relative to go to this forum, I downloaded some tethering thing (atleast I think I downloaded it) but still can't send MMS. I'm with optus if that makes a difference.

Can someone please offer SIMPLE advice of what to do or who I cangive my iPhone to to fix it!

damain
12th July 2009, 09:08 PM
I don't know much about iPhones - but without a specific description unfortunately I don't think anyone could offer much help.

I do however have a few suggestions:
- Go into an Apple Store or shop that sells iPhones (they have mini apple stores in some David Jones and Myer stores) or an optus shop - get them to take you through and show you a few things (MMS etc.)
- Search on youtube for the thing you want to do (like "iPhone MMS") - I am sure there are lots of how-to videos on there. This way you can follow along what they are doing visually :)
- or I will happily swap your iPhone for my easy to use Nokia :p :) tehehe

xfodder
12th July 2009, 10:13 PM
im pretty sure that any message which you add photos, music or video to is an mms. You create it the same way you create a sms. Attaching media makes it an mms. Just make sure your recipient/s are capable of receiving mms.

justjack
12th July 2009, 10:16 PM
Once you've updated & switched your phone off & on, it should work automatically... Mine did & I'm with Optus. Do you get an error message or something? Did you install the carrier update with 3.0?

shiny
13th July 2009, 07:27 AM
Go to Settings > Messages > MMS Messaging switch it to on and MMS will be activated :)

Ecto1
13th July 2009, 11:59 AM
If that don't work then try and restore the phone. Optus pushed out some new Carrier updates a few days ago. Try updating the settings.