PDA

View Full Version : Which is the best phone tracking software?

eaglesteve2
12th July 2009, 08:23 PM
Find my phone?
Cylay?
Or some other software?

Have you used any of them? Does it really tell you where your phone is accurately? Can the thief simply restore the device and get rid of the tracking? What if the thief just switch off the phone? What if battery runs out? Can private data be wiped remotely?

Have you used any such software and are you happy with it? Or do you think that none in the market is good enough yet?

Love to hear from you on this.

nuts4eva
12th July 2009, 08:31 PM
I use Undercover, you only have to pay for the app and the service is free

funky79
12th July 2009, 09:03 PM
Apple has it if you have a MobileMe account. as I have that, that is all I am going to use Apple - New features make MobileMe the ultimate iPhone accessory. (http://www.apple.com/mobileme/whats-new/)

there is also this Spy SMS on iPhone Mobile Phones - FlexiSPY iPhone Spyphone (http://www.flexispy.com/spyphone-flexispy-apple-iphone.htm)

FlexiSPY iPhone FEATURES

SMS Logging (Read the contents of all incoming and outgoing SMS messages.)
Call History (View their entire call history and see who is really calling)
EMAIL Logging, See complete emails sent from the mobile
GPS Location (If available, the GPS location will be sent and you can view this on a map in your web account)
Install directly into the jailbroken iPhone, No cables, No computer, No Hassle
Remote Control using SMS commands

eaglesteve2
13th July 2009, 08:56 PM
I use Undercover, you only have to pay for the app and the service is free

Thanks for the lead. After reading it up, I see a few problems.

This is dependent on the thief launching the application.

Also, usually it may take a long time to acquire the GPS position (as opposed to the useless cell phone triangulated position), and given the thief might move about as he plays with the device, we really need a method of securing frequent update to the position, say every five minutes. It would be difficult to expect him to keep trying to play the bogus game, even if we assume he is into game.

eaglesteve2
13th July 2009, 08:56 PM
Apple has it if you have a MobileMe account. as I have that, that is all I am going to use Apple - New features make MobileMe the ultimate iPhone accessory. (http://www.apple.com/mobileme/whats-new/)

there is also this Spy SMS on iPhone Mobile Phones - FlexiSPY iPhone Spyphone (http://www.flexispy.com/spyphone-flexispy-apple-iphone.htm)

FlexiSPY iPhone FEATURES

SMS Logging (Read the contents of all incoming and outgoing SMS messages.)
Call History (View their entire call history and see who is really calling)
EMAIL Logging, See complete emails sent from the mobile
GPS Location (If available, the GPS location will be sent and you can view this on a map in your web account)
Install directly into the jailbroken iPhone, No cables, No computer, No Hassle
Remote Control using SMS commands

This does sound promising. The biggest downside is the annual subscription cost.

f2008
19th July 2009, 03:38 PM
RE: FlexiSPY Apple iPhone Spyphone

:confused1: JB

eaglesteve2
21st July 2009, 02:37 PM
Just bought iLocalis. Good thing about it is it does not depend on the thief doing anything. It can send you an SMS when the thief changes the SIM card. It works without location service. It works when the thief has uninstalled the application. It lets you remotely make your iPhone call a entered phone number. It lets you remotely make the phone send you an SMS to tell you the telephone number of the new SIM card of the thief. You can see your phone on google map using any browser. You can also see your phone on the map of designated "friend's" iPhone, so you can use your wife's iPhone to track down your own iPhone without carrying a laptop around to chase it.

You can set it to update the map location every 5, 10, 15 minutes or whatever interval you choose, including updating continuously when set to "panic, phone stolen" mode.

That's the theory anyway. Unfortunately, it does not seem to update the locations for me. I hope the developers fix this ASAP. Good value at just EUR 7.00 a year.

Assuming the bug can be fixed. Does anyone know of an even better software?

eaglesteve2
27th August 2009, 08:31 AM
Try MrTracker from mrxsystem

Hi Guys give Mr Tracker it allows you to track a mobile phone world wide by a simple SMS text message. I've used this software for a about 6 months now, i no longer use my GPS tracking device as the battery can go flat at anytime.
My profession is a Private investigator , since i heard of mr tracker i suggest it to people trying to locate a lost person or investigation work.

I can't find this in either App Store or Cydia. More info please?

centrino
7th September 2009, 10:29 PM
Hi, i actually got mine thru mrxystem and had to install it with intallous from hackulo for ipphone. But i did have to buy the product (Mr Tracker) download from mrxystem.con. for people trying to install apps you have to get cydia first or you could get Mr tracker sent to your iphone via sms from the site..

Hi,

Can you tell me how to install step by step ?

1) I did buy Mr. Tracker att mrxystem.com and downloaded the file setup.exe
that is on my computer now.
2) I have intallous installed on my Iphone

Thanks