PDA

View Full Version : how have they taken the piss out of you..?

Brett05
11th July 2009, 02:11 PM
as the topic suggests, how have other people taken the piss out of you for having an iphone.
I work in an engineering workshop, quite often i get someone (workmate) walk past and have a dig at me....."aaww look at my iPhone"...or..."can that thing send and receive mms yet". Last week my boss walked out of the office and yelled out load enough for everyone to see/hear...."look at my iPhone" and this is what he walked out with. It's actually a remote control unit for a Salt Harvester we have been building. Tipped on end and held in one hand, it does look like a very large phone
see below
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/4886/img0154z.jpg

timmytomtam
11th July 2009, 02:12 PM
I'm usually the one taking the piss out of my friends Nokias and Sony Ericssons :p

rodeodee
11th July 2009, 02:24 PM
when an engineer ribs you about the iphone, just pull out the spirit level app and start checking for level surfaces :)

Lutze
11th July 2009, 03:10 PM
My employer bought the entire IT department an iPhone 3G last year when they were released.

Some did not like it and sold it - but that's their choice. Most of them are spewing as they know it's got really good.

aparajuli
11th July 2009, 03:34 PM
Meh, people can say whatever they want. I love my iPhone 3G.

Usually what I hear is, no flash, "its not 5megapixel like my Nokia", "shit battery life"

You don't need 5 megapixels. Nokia has a shit user interface. and if ur phone had touchscreen awesomeness, WiFi and was as fun to use as the iPhone then your battery life would just be the same.

Beau
11th July 2009, 03:39 PM
They poke fun at my inability to promote piracy by bluetoothing music around to other people.

marc
11th July 2009, 03:53 PM
I'm too busy playing Rolando 2 to care about anything bad people have to say :)

Also, love the Salt Harvester! Does look like a mobile phone. You should take it out at lunch time and pretend to have a conversation with someone on it while walking down the street.

iCantwait
11th July 2009, 05:58 PM
always the bluetooth that pisses me off

iTelefono
11th July 2009, 06:56 PM
always the bluetooth that pisses me off

+1

I can't wait until I can actually use it with bluetooth headphones the way other phones can

Tragedies
11th July 2009, 07:18 PM
Not really but yeah as mentioned I've had a few mentions of how my friends send bluetooth (pirated) files to each other, while my (albeit awesome) iPhone can't.

Then there's the whole megapixel debate. MY phone has 5 megapixels, MY phone has 7 megapixels. Yours is only two? What a crap phone.

Of couse the lens quality is the most important as I see it (my old Nokia 6300 had a 2 megapixel camera and took terrible photos).

I then proceed to challange the guy to take a picture of something nearby, we compare photos, and no prizes who wins in terms of photo quality (iPhone, for those who don't realize XD)

Beau
11th July 2009, 07:23 PM
Not really but yeah as mentioned I've had a few mentions of how my friends send bluetooth (pirated) files to each other, while my (albeit awesome) iPhone can't.

Then there's the whole megapixel debate. MY phone has 5 megapixels, MY phone has 7 megapixels. Yours is only two? What a crap phone.

Of couse the lens quality is the most important as I see it (my old Nokia 6300 had a 2 megapixel camera and took terrible photos).

I then proceed to challange the guy to take a picture of something nearby, we compare photos, and no prizes who wins in terms of photo quality (iPhone, for those who don't realize XD)
Ditto. My iPhone 3G takes MUCH better photos than my Nokia 6120c (both 2MP), and photos also look so much more awesome on the 3.5" iPhone screen. :)

Reubania
11th July 2009, 07:54 PM
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/4886/img0154z.jpg

OMG!!!!! IS THAT THE NEW iPHONE???????

On the serious note. NOBODY has ever taken the piss out of me for having the iPhone. At my work place, I am considered the trendsetter and after getting my 3G iPhone, 6 other work colleagues have eventually gotten theirs (and there are 2 on the potential list).

The only time I got some jibs were from other iPhone users when I lined up to get my 3GS on launch day. So there. OTHER iPHONE USERS. WTF?

kevinnugent
11th July 2009, 10:46 PM
I normally get the piss taken because I always seem to have new phones... not just the iPhone....

timmytomtam
11th July 2009, 10:48 PM
They poke fun at my inability to promote piracy by bluetoothing music around to other people.

I just ask them to e-mail it to me.

Oh wait, your phone has a crappy wannabe email client built in that doesnt even work and is a complete bitch to set up? Oh, well that's just too bad..

:p

g4cube
12th July 2009, 05:26 PM
I always hear about bluetooth and MMS. Now MMS is fixed they have nothing there then i show them the email stuff it can do,copy paste and the app store plus it being a ipod and has cool games as a sweet as screen and pretty soon it's them that feels like they made the mistake on the phone buying front not me.

laughingbird
12th July 2009, 11:30 PM
I think Michael Leunig might be taking the piss out of us in his cartoon in the Melbourne Age, Saturday 11 July 2009:

http://laughingbird.net/images/Leunig110709.jpg