PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Ibook G4

the_com_man
27th June 2005, 07:32 PM
I have bought an iBook G4 12" about three months ago and found that the battery would not charge to 100%, usually to 95% and called the reseller which I had bought it from after 2 days of owning it and they had told me to take it to my local Service Centre. However after 2 repairs and three parts repeated calls to Apple asking/abusing them for a replacement.

It has had a Logic Board, Charge Card and battery. However now the keys on the keyboard pop off and they have made a huge ding in the metal under the keyboard, stripped screw hole in the screen comartment and under the keyboard, has not put the cas back together so now where the io ports are the casing has been coming apart and the touchpad now doesn't work.

I would like to know other peoples opinions on what to do.

Any Suggestions?????

blindfox
27th June 2005, 10:11 PM
That really sux, I really feel for you. Especially since the "service department" did the damage. I got a my old iBook fixed a few times and it always came back with a new scratch or two - but nothing major.

Like you, I'd be demanding a replacement. All I can say is just keep fighting for it. Now that your track pad doesn't even work, how the hell are you supposed to even use it as a laptop?

I'd be camping out at the service centre until I got a resolution.

Kildare
27th June 2005, 11:44 PM
I'd be throwing the iBook through the so called "Service Centre's" window.

Seriously if Apple themselves aren't wiling to help you @ all under the circumstances, which would be surprising, then contact the ACCC.

the_com_man
28th June 2005, 08:01 AM
Thanks, most probably will go to the ACCC. ANd my old PC came to good use with its mouse.

pipsqeek
28th June 2005, 10:57 AM
Apple Australia not helping is hardly surprising at all.

The condition of your machine coming back isn't either. My G3 iBook looked 10 years old after 5 logic boards, 2 DC boards, 2 keyboards, 2 batteries, ohhh just read my iBook saga. :P

pipsqeek :thumbup:

the_com_man
29th June 2005, 06:42 PM
ANd can I suggest some thing DON'T go to an Apple Repair Centre in the St George Area Near A Westfield Shopping Centre.