PDA

View Full Version : Where Can I Rent Camera Equipment?

designers_hub
27th June 2005, 06:37 PM
I am going to be working on a project and I require a Digital Video Camera.

Its only a one off project so Its better off I rent the equipment.

Where in Sydney can I rent digital video cameras and equipment? I would prefer to rent a HDTV camera.

Also, i've never rented this kind of stuff, do the charge weekly? Daily? Is it expensive? Do they offer insurance?

Thanks!

Jimbo
27th June 2005, 06:42 PM
hmm, i duuno where it could be located but i know most hire companies charge a bucketload for this stuff.

designers_hub
27th June 2005, 06:50 PM
really? even a normal digi cam? Something like 5 mega pixel??

marc
27th June 2005, 11:25 PM
"5 mega pixel" is almost certainly referring to a stills camera. Digital motion cameras are usually just talked about as "SD" or "HD".

Here's an Australian rental company that should stock what you're after:
http://www.lemac.com.au/rental/rentfrf.html

designers_hub
28th June 2005, 04:01 PM
wow wat a rip off lol,

i'm better off buying the camera!

thanks for the site but.

philB
29th June 2005, 09:58 PM
But a Sony HDTV camera kit will set you back about $200,000 or do you mean an HDV cam about $9,000 or a Digi Beta about $100,000. Perhaps you are looking for something more at the consumer level budget?

hawker
30th June 2005, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by designers_hub@Jun 28 2005, 03:31 PM
wow wat a rip off lol,
lemac rent to the TV and Film industry.

Have a chat to Frequency - the apple store in Sydney. They also sell and hire stuff to TV and Film - might be able to help you out!

newlifemedia
5th June 2006, 05:19 PM
Try Videocraft at Artarmon. You can hire a Sony Z1 HDV handycam there. You will need to fill in a hire agreement beforehand though. It's a great camera, true widescreen, 3 CCD's, nice pics

Surpher
5th June 2006, 05:36 PM
Pro-Cam in Brisbane: Pro-Cam Rental (http://www.pro-cam.com.au/hire/index.htm)

I've used these guys alot over the years, great service (both when I lived in Brisbane and here in Sydney)

LeMac are fantastic (depending on budget)

How long you need one for ??

Steve

jobro
5th June 2006, 06:19 PM
Also, good luck trying to edit it. It will take alot of CPU power to do so.

cosmichobo
5th June 2006, 07:17 PM
I see this project was from last year (?) but for anyone else...

My uni (griffith, brisbane) I think hire its equipment out at pretty good rates... pretty sure you don't have to be a student to hire the stuff. Not sure if they have HDTV quality though... certainly have 48k DV cams.