PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Free SMS App AU

luksoccer
7th July 2009, 02:01 AM
ok ive seen a lot of these apps but fake ones and some which work in USA but not AU. So i was wondering if anyone knows of one which actually works in AU

iCarllovesapple
7th July 2009, 02:13 AM
So, hold on - You're asking if there is an application in the Apple app store which enables you to send txt messages freely? If you are, well there is no such thing. But, if you're asking for an app other than the standard txt message app that comes standard with the iPhone, you're also out of luck.

dotnet
7th July 2009, 02:25 AM
The latest version of Skype (free) can send SMS, but you'll need a Skype Out account (not free).

Cheers
Steffen.

Goodbye
7th July 2009, 07:35 AM
So, hold on - You're asking if there is an application in the Apple app store which enables you to send txt messages freely? If you are, well there is no such thing.

Actually, there are a few. I just did a search for "Free SMS" on the Australian App store, and maybe half a dozen came up, and some with all good ratings and comments.

luksoccer
7th July 2009, 01:40 PM
mm i wouldnt mind paying say $10 a month and having unlimited sms something like that.I know biteSMS aint to bad i use that on my iphone but it is not avaliable in the App store.

eaglesteve2
7th July 2009, 09:12 PM
Actually, there are a few. I just did a search for "Free SMS" on the Australian App store, and maybe half a dozen came up, and some with all good ratings and comments.

Exactly. There are programs at the Australian AppleStore which does that. Quite many choices actually. All without ongoing cost it seems.

eron
24th July 2009, 12:15 PM
Just want to add that most of these apps don't work. So, don't waste your money.

tcn33
24th July 2009, 12:21 PM
Free

free

Free

Yes, by all means be careful before you spend your hard-earned $0.00.

eron
26th July 2009, 12:04 AM
double post. pls del

eron
26th July 2009, 12:06 AM
Yes, by all means be careful before you spend your hard-earned $0.00.

Thanks, but the apps that claim to send FREE SMSs are not free.
While Skype App is free, sending SMSs is not FREE.

Feel FREE to quote all the FREEs again.