PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to place a wall paper on spotlight search screen?

eaglesteve2
6th July 2009, 10:05 PM
As the title says, is there a program, Cydia or App Store, that can replace the boring black screen with a nice picture of my choice?

Thanks for sharing.:)

matthew858
6th July 2009, 10:24 PM
Try Winterboard in Cydia, it can replace the black background of the home screen with various other things.

eaglesteve2
7th July 2009, 05:06 PM
Try Winterboard in Cydia, it can replace the black background of the home screen with various other things.

Thank you matthew for responding.

Unfortunately, with Purplera1n jailbreak on my 3GS, winterboard is not yet supported. I'd test it out with my 3G which my wife has taken over from me and see how it goes. I was hoping that there might be a solution without winterboard.

mitty
7th July 2009, 05:11 PM
Rumour has it that a new version of winterboard may have an imminent release which is good news for those who are hanging out for it.

eaglesteve2
7th July 2009, 05:13 PM
Rumour has it that a new version of winterboard may have an imminent release which is good news for those who are hanging out for it.

Wonderful news, mitty. Thanks for this report.:)

eaglesteve2
7th July 2009, 05:14 PM
Does anybody knows of a way to put up a wall paper for the spotlight without installing winterboard though?